[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 390: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 120: preg_filter(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
QCF Design Community • View topic - *SPOILERS* Dailies Thread

*SPOILERS* Dailies Thread

All things Desktop Dungeons

Re: *SPOILERS* Dailies Thread

Postby Bwrgarbl on Tue May 23, 2017 12:34 am

Top piety is what vampire runs are all about.... right? :)

Yeah, you definitely earned top spot with that run. Congrats.

Anyways, it's back to easy runs with:

Half-Dragon in the Southern Swamp

Not much needs to be said here. First monster I found (and it took a while) was the boss.
Bwrgarbl

Postby ~'(^ + ^)'~ on Tue May 23, 2017 12:45 am

Big congrats to Haakon, and thanks for revealing who you are, :)

I lost, fair enough, it was a tough daily and I would say a bit of bad luck for me also, because I definitely could have made good use of the Vampiric Blade and made proper use of bloodcows, instead of doing non resource optimal higher level kills by stacking burn stacks.

Bloodcows were also "bad" in the sense that they were dealing magic damage.

Still needed about 6 hits to kill Frank (even after using a Whupaz), so yeah, not much chance of winning for me. Also, I felt that if one could get Fire Heart and Vampiric Blade early, this daily might have been more doable.

Granted, skill level would be different too and it's expected that there are players who are just better skillswise.

Still feel that luck plays a part too.

Hope to see Haakon go all the way and beat Tinker's record! :)
(Dang! just noticed you already beat Tinker's record, nice, keep going and show us how good a DD player you are)

Looking at your results, I see that you did ok by just using Endiswal and Weytwut, maybe Weytwut would be a better way to save resources. I converted it very early, hmm..

About that Purist player, I seriously think that he or she is cheating, sort of remember seeing him or her getting something like 1000+ XP on a Beserker Camp daily just last week which is no way possible.
~'(^ + ^)'~

Postby Bwrgarbl on Tue May 23, 2017 9:41 pm

Looking back, that seems to be a different account (Arrgg).

It is a bit remarkable that two of the four people that passed (out of 199) appear to be very new to dailies. The purist ("41") only had a 2/2/2 record after it (and a 3/3/3 after today's), and Sound of Meow (who prepped, and brought Patches) had a 1/1/1 (and lost the very easy run the next day... hey! that's my shtick!).
Bwrgarbl

Postby Bwrgarbl on Wed May 24, 2017 12:48 am

* Human Monk in the Magma Mines *

Zot and Yendor for preps, which is extreme overkill.

Bwrgarbl

Postby Bwrgarbl on Thu May 25, 2017 12:54 am

* Gorgon in the Rock Garden *

At the time I finished, there weas 3 successes and 7 fails. But it really isn't hard. All three successes brought in Binlor... which is correct for so many reasons today (start with ENDISWAL, Stone Form helps neutralize your penalty, opening up labyrinth so you can regen fight, no Binlor level tax, you can soften the bosses a notch if you really want to (I didn't bother)). I can't help but think that maybe Binlor replaced GG and people were falling for that trap.

Bwrgarbl

Postby Bwrgarbl on Sat May 27, 2017 12:37 am

* Gnome Thief in the Halls of Steel *

Lots of potential for high XP today... even I got over 400.

Bwrgarbl

Postby ~'(^ + ^)'~ on Sun May 28, 2017 12:18 pm

Mini-Brag: Got Highest Damage, XP, Piety and Time Taken (slowest, :P ) for today's daily, :D

https://steamuserimages-a.akamaihd.net/ ... AB88C1789/

Could have done better if I had found the Dragon Soul earlier to put it to good use under MA, especially free casts of Cydstepp can really help a lot against higher level kills.
~'(^ + ^)'~

Postby ~'(^ + ^)'~ on Fri Jun 02, 2017 12:00 am

Got careless, forgot that I had prepped Avatar's Codex, and killed myself pretty early from a Retaliate fireball.
[Not something I would use normally and anyway, I got into a "flow" phase just whacking stuff and earning Binlor piety
and wasn't careful with pausing to check for death warning before performing any actions]

So, congrats to Haakon, now you are top in everything, Current Streak, Longest Streak and Total Wins!
~'(^ + ^)'~

Postby Bwrgarbl on Fri Jun 02, 2017 1:40 am

Bwrgarbl

Postby Bwrgarbl on Mon Jun 05, 2017 8:46 pm

And today is yet another Labyrinth run:
* Dwarf Rogue in the Labyrinth *

Lots of people taking "Bet on Boss" instead of JJ. Yes JJ has a harsh penalty, but JJ solves the two biggest issues on this run: clearing blockages and the rogue's lack of HP (sure dwarf helps there too... but JJ is faster and together I had no problem taking hits from berserking Rex).
Bwrgarbl

PreviousNext

Return to Desktop Dungeons