[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 120: preg_filter(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
QCF Design Community • View topic - Extreme East Spoiler and Discussion Thread

Extreme East Spoiler and Discussion Thread

All things Desktop Dungeons

Re: Extreme East Spoiler and Discussion Thread

Postby The Avatar on Sun Oct 21, 2018 12:06 am

Yes, but in that case it’s pretty similar to just a regular fireball or other damage spike. The point is not to block PISORF, but simply to prevent allowing players to majorly undercut the difficulty with the one strategy best at tackling two at once.
We made an expansion and it is awesome. Really, you should check it out, especially if you're looking for some extra challenge.

Download over at ddmod.weebly.com!
The Avatar

Postby shade_of_ox on Sun Oct 21, 2018 7:05 am

Cleared Warrior Queen!
http://prntscr.com/l8jabp
The Jehora -> Dracul Rogue is my new power build. Dodge + First Strike + Lifesteal is very strong, especially with a big healthpool. Fairly close run - this felt like a VT Vicious. Not much else to say - it was basically just the normal PC run but harder. I can see why you're planning to remake it.

Endless Blizzard next.
shade_of_ox

Postby The Avatar on Sun Oct 21, 2018 8:00 am

Yep, it's just not an interesting challenge as is. I'll probably keep a fair amount of the boss buffs, but I definitely want to play with it more. The trouble lies in the fact that the stage's gimmick basically is the boss and generals. Although you could also call having a tough monster set it's thing, that's already partially capitalized on in the generals being tougher and I don't want to just make the monster set tougher cause that overlaps with LT Curious too much. I'm sure I'll figure something out though.

EB isn't that much of an interesting challenge either, but that stems from the exact opposite reason. EB already has a *very* extreme gimmick, so it's tough to really amplify that meaningfully. Especially since the random factor of which zones you encounter can already have a large impact on your run (try Vicious Token to really see how huge it is), I opted for supercharging the final boss as well. So instead the challenge becomes optimizing the rest of the run to death in an attempt to become strong enough for the boss. Can it be done? I assume so. Either way though, it'll probably get slightly modified (as opposed to the major makeover PC will get) simply to deemphasize the boss a tad and spread the difficulty-increasing love around.

EDIT: Just beat EB, actually, and now regret not taking a photo. I won't spoil the strategy, since that seems not in the spirit of seeing how you do it, but it wasn't half as hard as I thought it'd be (although granted I did get *quite* lucky).
Last edited by The Avatar on Sun Oct 21, 2018 8:48 am, edited 1 time in total.
We made an expansion and it is awesome. Really, you should check it out, especially if you're looking for some extra challenge.

The Avatar

Postby Nurator on Sun Oct 21, 2018 8:11 am

Nurator

Postby shade_of_ox on Sun Oct 21, 2018 9:19 am

Curious EB looks... really brutal. No access to the free level 10 kills really hurts the GG approach, since it's difficult to make level 10 with Humility without help. My scouting run got him to 600-odd HP, and I wasn't even close. With Corrupting Aura, you can't take Cleansings to bypass the resistance. While you still have piety he doesn't have resistance, so the best use of piety is probably Protections. This will be very tight - it'll probably require good luck with both enemies and shops.
shade_of_ox

Postby shade_of_ox on Mon Oct 22, 2018 4:00 am

I'm out of money. Is there any really efficient way to get gold quickly? I don't really feel like grinding out burning dungeons a lot right now.
shade_of_ox

Postby The Avatar on Mon Oct 22, 2018 4:07 am

Do Curious+Scrooge runs in all the dungeons you haven't already. It'll rack up a massive amount of money between the investigation payout, Curious payout, Scrooge payout, the huge pile of gold for killing bosses, and your standard trophy.

The Avatar

Postby Nurator on Mon Oct 22, 2018 6:32 pm

Wow... of the last 8 runs I did in vanilla vicious to unlock Half Dragon and Gorgon, I succeded with 6.
I remember when these dungeons felt REALLY hard! Especially Naga City, which was the first dungeon I tried to beat was really frightening at first, and now I just destroyed it :)

And now the Errand Boy pt.3 unlocked, nice :) Lets see what hell awaits me now :D
Nurator

Postby shade_of_ox on Tue Oct 23, 2018 1:22 am

I was reading through the posts in this thread before I showed up and...
http://prntscr.com/l98mk0

Looks like my money troubles are over, at least until the South patches this one. :lol:
shade_of_ox

Postby shade_of_ox on Tue Oct 23, 2018 4:00 am

Are you guys aware of the bug with Riposte and Lifesteal? The combat predictor is not even close to being accurate and has gotten me killed more than once.
shade_of_ox

PreviousNext

Return to Desktop Dungeons