A couple more suggestions.

All things Desktop Dungeons

A couple more suggestions.

Postby The Avatar on Wed Oct 12, 2011 1:44 am

Hey guys! Here's some more general suggestions that I'd like feedback on:

1. Make special classes like transmuter and whatever else they have have their own building that you can only upgrade when certain prerequisites are met (Get stone heart for example).

2. Add more glyphs:
SHOKDAWURLD: (shock the world) 6 mana Deal 3 magic damage bypass counter fireball and 25% magic res.
KANTUCHDIS: (can't touch this) Non-stackable 10% dodge boost till dodge 4 mana.
MAGIKPHIST: (magic fist) 6 mana physical version of BURDAYRAZ

3. Change WONAFYT!!!!!
Last edited by The Avatar on Wed Oct 12, 2011 11:06 am, edited 1 time in total.
We made an expansion and it is awesome. Really, you should check it out, especially if you're looking for some extra challenge.

Download over at ddmod.weebly.com!
The Avatar

Re: A couple more suggestions.

Postby Darvin on Wed Oct 12, 2011 2:21 am

1 - I'm sure new upgrades for the various buildings are coming. I'm presuming the Tinker and Crusader are also forthcoming.

2 -
SHOKDAWURLD: too similar to BURNDAYRAZ, especially with full-piercing wand on the field
KANTUCHDIS: seems kind of bland
MAGIKPHIST: too similar to PISORF

3 - agreed; I almost never find myself wanting to actually summon an equal-level monster even if I do find this one early, and if I find it late I convert it immediately.
Darvin

Postby spoomak on Wed Oct 12, 2011 2:48 pm

I'm focusing on KANTUCHDIS in this post because it's the most interesting suggestion.

KANTUCHDIS is kind of cool because it would be one of those glyphs that can help in a fight if you cast it before regenerating to full mana before starting a fight with a monster. Currently there are only 3 glyphs like that: CYDSTEPP, ENDISWAL and BYSSEPS. A character that uses CYDSTEPP could get bonus strikes with KANTUCHDIS much like the rogue. It would be a nice help in a lot of fights which can be a good or a bad thing depending on your viewpoint. It's bad to those players who think CYDSTEPP is already too powerful.

Of the deities KANTUCHDIS would synergize with Tikki and Mystera. Tikki likes dodging and Mystera likes mana use.

Other than these I don't see significant synergies with other glyphs, deities, classes, races or items. Most of the glyphs currently in the game have a gimmick that makes them interesting. KANTUCHDIS would need one too. For example, what if instead of an independent glyph, the suggested temporary dodge effect was added as a bonus to the existing APHEELSIK glyph (and assassins would get 20% instead of 10%)?
spoomak

Postby gjaustin on Wed Oct 12, 2011 3:29 pm

I think KANTUCHDIS would be more interesting if it stacked and gave dodge prediction. You could use it like CYDSTEPP by casting it a bunch of times (for a lot more mana), or you could live dangerously and try to get a cheaper dodge.

Alternatively, adding dodge as a bonus to WONAFYT would make it actually useable. Though I'd actually like to see it summon a monster one level HIGHER than you.
gjaustin

Postby The Avatar on Wed Oct 12, 2011 8:50 pm

Great ideas!

As for KANTUCHDIS, I think stackable would be unfair unless it couldn't give more than a 30%

As for WONAFYT, How about making it summon your level or higher starting with your level then check one above, then two above, etc. A possible overhaul for WONAFYT could be it temporarily increases the level and stats of a monster until you regenerate or attack another monster.
We made an expansion and it is awesome. Really, you should check it out, especially if you're looking for some extra challenge.

Download over at ddmod.weebly.com!
The Avatar

Postby gjaustin on Thu Oct 13, 2011 4:34 pm

This also reminds me of one glyph suggestion I had myself:

ZAPEMGUD - 6 mana, deals 2 damage per level to each enemy adjacent to your character
gjaustin

Return to Desktop Dungeons