[NSFW] Overlord Bob art

All things Desktop Dungeons

[NSFW] Overlord Bob art

Postby zeemeerman2 on Sun Oct 16, 2011 11:32 am

I'd like to share something with you. First off, right-click the image, and open it in a new tab to see the full image.

I'm not sure what to say here, as it's certainly off-topic and has nothing to do with Desktop Dungeons. Or has it? The art of the image, at least to me, looks like Desktop Dungeons art. Just seeing the bard in that weird position, the gnome next to him, or the priest - especially the priest, they look to me as if they come directly from Desktop Dungeons portraits. Or at least, there is a certain link between them.

Maybe I just wanted to share this piece of artwork with you and searched for an excuse? Maybe I'd like to introduce a new class as seen in this panel? Maybe there's more to it? I'm not sure. And I'm not sure about your stance in the Overlord Bob's universe as well, but here you go.

It all started like this:

Second link: It has the wonderful humor also seen in Desktop Dungeons.

And it explains why we always play as a single player in DD. We play as an Assassin, a Thief, a Warlord, a Bloodmage, etc... but not together as a overpowering team. No, never, always apart from each other. This is because Overlord Bob separates them. Also, this is why our single, separated heroes fail to complete the dungeon, other than just at some rare occasions.

Each comic of chapter 2 focuses on a specific hero and how to convert him to the evil side. Or at least, to Overlord Bob's side. Not sure if that counts as "evil". It's an art meme, a collaboration of multiple artists in the Overlord Bob's universe, each drawing out the path for one or multiple heroes, leading them to their fail, their conversion. Each converted hero is transformed, anthro (half-animal) or gender bend, each time in a different way. Stop reading now if this kind of content upsets you.

Listing two examples:

There are 9 hero conversions, including what looks like the twin sister of your favourite Elf Ranger from a certain princess-saving game. You can read them here.

Hmm... I still don't know what I want to say now. Maybe we have a good candidate for all the evil in Desktop Dungeons? Maybe I'd just want to introduce a new item or monster ability: charm. Maybe I'd just want to ask when we get female (furry) characters in Desktop Dungeons? Maybe I'd like to suggest a new class: Overlord. I'm still not sure.

I'm also not sure about what to expect you post below.

Here you go then. Do whatever you please. Have a good day. Enjoy your meal. Good night. Reply if you wish.

Amy Zee
~Has the portrait above as her wallpaper.
Last edited by zeemeerman2 on Sun Oct 16, 2011 8:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
zeemeerman2

Re: Overlord Bob art

Postby The Avatar on Sun Oct 16, 2011 2:53 pm

Bard could be a class with the charm glyph and it would cost 5 mana and let you take that monsters abilities.
We made an expansion and it is awesome. Really, you should check it out, especially if you're looking for some extra challenge.

Download over at ddmod.weebly.com!
The Avatar

Re: Overlord Bob art

Postby Darvin on Sun Oct 16, 2011 7:54 pm

Well... considering both Desktop Dungeons and Overlord Bob seem to be following cliche archtypes I'm not surprised to see similarities.

You might want to consider a [NSFW] tag on this thread. Kinda borderline stuff. The blog itself is definitely NSFW.
Darvin

Return to Desktop Dungeons