[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 120: preg_filter(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
QCF Design Community • View topic - Debuffs...

Debuffs...

All things Desktop Dungeons

Debuffs...

Postby Egglet on Sun Oct 23, 2011 12:08 am

How does one go about removing weakening, and corrosion and the likes? I know there are potions, but I can only start with one potion, and unless I one-shot the enemies, i often get two stacks of said debuff per fight. They don't dissipate upon level, so what do I do?
Egglet

Re: Debuffs...

Postby The Avatar on Sun Oct 23, 2011 12:30 am

You can either buy another one of those potions (i.e. burn salve fortitude tonic) or you can use GG's cleansing boon. Other than that they are unremovable, so I suggest you just try to avoid them completely.

I always just save those enemies till I am a higher level and then one shot them without incurring weakening or corrosion as they are very bad. (weakening especially)
We made an expansion and it is awesome. Really, you should check it out, especially if you're looking for some extra challenge.

Download over at ddmod.weebly.com!
The Avatar

Postby Darvin on Sun Oct 23, 2011 3:49 am

Yeah, you're better off just not fighting these kinds of enemies to avoid those penalties. Weakening in particular can completely cripple your character. Corrosion isn't quite as bad, since its effect doesn't accumulate as you gain levels. Attack bonus, however, hurts most at higher levels so you'll end up paying big time for even a small amount of weakening.
Darvin

Postby Egglet on Sun Oct 23, 2011 9:10 am

What about slime pits D: They're all debuff inflicting monsters....
Egglet

Postby 232 on Sun Oct 23, 2011 11:28 am

High damage characters or magic where possible. CYDSTEPP Rogue works well as always. Even without it, if you get a large mana pool use fireballs to soften your target and finishing with a regular attack isn't too bad. May not be that effective on the higher level meat men though.

Now about using a monk...

Postby Darvin on Sun Oct 23, 2011 5:02 pm

Darvin

Postby The Avatar on Sun Oct 23, 2011 5:16 pm

See my post on the slime pits with a monk on the "Slime pits is really tough" forum.

A bit unclear since I was rushed, sorry.
We made an expansion and it is awesome. Really, you should check it out, especially if you're looking for some extra challenge.

Download over at ddmod.weebly.com!
The Avatar

Return to Desktop Dungeons