[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 120: preg_filter(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
QCF Design Community • View topic - Ideas for dungeons!

Ideas for dungeons!

All things Desktop Dungeons

Re: Ideas for dungeons!

Postby Zaratustra on Fri Dec 09, 2011 9:49 pm

Pacnam's Realm
A maze littered with mysterious dots. Passages lead from one side of the screen to the other. Unlike other dungeons, there is no boss: The objective is to reveal the entire map.

Four Power Orbs are scattered around the maze. Using these grants 100% physical/magical resistance for the next three attacks.

Special enemies:
Ghosts - Alternate Wraiths with 999 attack. Once revealed, move 1 square/level towards the player whenever he reveals a new block. Start at level 1, respawn with +1 level whenever killed.
Zaratustra

Postby Gorgon on Fri Dec 09, 2011 11:19 pm

Gorgon

Postby The Avatar on Fri Dec 09, 2011 11:21 pm

MUCH LESS!!!!!!!!!

also, the pacnam dimension sounds good
We made an expansion and it is awesome. Really, you should check it out, especially if you're looking for some extra challenge.

Download over at ddmod.weebly.com!
The Avatar

Postby Alweth on Sat Dec 10, 2011 3:51 am

I think a dungeon where you start off and the whole dungeon is already explored would be an interesting challenge.

Similarly, I would like one where the whole dungeon is NOT explored, but where you can see perfectly into unexplored areas.

The specifics of these dungeons would have to be worked on.
Were you expecting a coherent message? Alweth does not deal with such trifles. Ignore him or watch the thread get locked!
Alweth

Postby The Avatar on Sat Dec 10, 2011 4:27 am

You can do a pre-explored "puzzle dungeon" just completely explore a dungeon, like venture cave, and then proceed to kill everything. It's doable, in fact, my dwarf thief crushed the firstborn. For the first few levels get awesome high level kills, because you can immediately convert all glyphs, and once you can't level up with one kill, kill the best you can and mop up the lower levels.
We made an expansion and it is awesome. Really, you should check it out, especially if you're looking for some extra challenge.

The Avatar

Postby jjflash on Fri Dec 23, 2011 4:46 pm

if you had an already exlored dungeon a assasin would kill everything with first stike
i...cannot...die...
regards,
The Indomitable
jjflash

Postby Darvin on Fri Dec 23, 2011 7:49 pm

Swift hand only works against lower-level opponents. Since Assassin loses his poison antics, I'd say he wouldn't be particularly advantaged. Still a high-tier class overall.
Darvin

Postby The Avatar on Sun Dec 25, 2011 12:47 am

One more, cause I'm getting bored.

Ruins of the Old God

Difficulty: IMPOSSIBLE

Out of nowhere, golden ruins dating back to the beginning of time have appeared. Could this be the return of Tempus-Aeternam? Standing watch at the gate is an iron sentinel. He shall offer you passage in, but dares not let anyone, or anything, out...

Special: There is no exit staircase unless you beat the boss. Bosses are fought in an Avatar-sized subdungeon.

Monsters: War Machines (1 layer of death protection, first strike, berserk 50%, zombie stats), Knights of Wrath (Knockback 200%, berserk 75%, goblin stats), Acolytes of the Old God (Undead, Death Gaze 80%, meat man stats), Spirits of the Lost (Mana Burn, Weakening, Gorgon Stats, counter fireball), and Golden Ones (1 layer of Death Protection, first strike, berserk 50%, resist all 20%, Dragonborn stats)

Boss 1: Rapaxus (Acolyte of the Old God boss)
Hello, hero. No doubt you've come to stop me. Well I'm afraid that won't be happening. The Old God will awaken whether you kill me or not, so accept it. In fact, it was you who brought this upon yourself. If you hadn't angered Tempus-Aeternam, he wouldn't have made the past the present. Soon all the riches of the world will be mine!
Greedily,
Rapaxus, High Priest of the Old God

Hp: 1000
Damage: 40
Special: Death Gaze 80%, Berserk 50%, Undead
"NO! I would have had EVERYTHING! You took that away from me! You cannot even stop the Old God from reawakening, but you still decide to take away what I deserve! Well, I hope Auri-Unam enjoys slowly ripping your body apart, because I'm going to enjoy watching it!" As Rapaxus falls limp, golden light floods the room, blinding you. As your eyes adjust you see a golden warrior before you. I recognize you. You are the one I was sent to destroy. I'm afraid that includes your petty kingdom too. Tempus-Aeternam has many friends, which means your little kingdom has, many enemies. Let me introduce myself, I am Auri-Unam. I hope it makes you feel better that you die at the hands of a god, because very few have that honor...
Vengefully,
Auri-Unam, The Golden One

Hp: 2000
Attack: 60
Special: First strike, Berserk 75%, Resist 50% all, 10 layers of death protection
Incredible... A mortal that can match my strength... Do not rest lightly because of your victory, hero. There will be more of us, and Tempus-Aeternam will not rest until his vengeance is carried out. You may have one the battle, but you have not won the war... As Auri-Unam evaporates into gold dust, you ponder what he says. As you stand there, the ground starts too shake. A portal out appears as the ruins themselves are sucked back in time.

Item: The Sands of Gold. This bottle of Golden Sand can be destroyed to double your gold.

The Avatar

Postby The Avatar on Sat Jan 28, 2012 8:46 pm

Taking a break from Tempus-Aeternam to make an easier one

The Accursed Vaults

Difficulty: Hard

Beneath the Creeplight Crypts lies an ancient vault. It is said that this was where the lost treasure of Creeplight has slept for centuries. Or has it? As you gaze into the golden vault something seems off...

Special: Greedy monsters steal X% of your gold. Thievery means it steals a X inventory items when revealed. The Stolen item has it's sprite displayed next to the thievery section. Cursed means that when you hit it, it puts X of the small item cursed treasure in your inventory. It has a negative conversion value and cannot be destroyed or stolen except by conversion.

Monsters: Looters (Theivery, goblin stats, bandit sprite), Golden Warriors (1 layer of death protection, cursed, golden animated armor sprite), Wraiths, Golden Golems (50% physical resist, greedy 10%, golem stats, Golem gold tint sprite), Vault Guards (Undead, Greedy 10%, thievery, and cursed, jet black animated armor sprite)

Boss: Eternius
"A mortal? In here? I have guarded this Vault for centuries not letting anyone in, and you just come in, tear up the place, and think you can leave alive?! I cannot let you escape, Hero. Stop now, and accept your fate.
Immortally vigilant,
Eternius, Captain of the Endless Guards

Special: Thievery (5), greedy 100%, cursed (3)
Hp: 800
Attack: 80

If no number is specified for X, X = 1

The Avatar

Postby xspeedballx on Sat Jan 28, 2012 8:48 pm

How do cursed items interact with GG? Does he still gain peity from converting them? Can I get a punishment from him and clear out all of my cursed items?
xspeedballx

PreviousNext

Return to Desktop Dungeons