A wild HTML-based Desktop Dungeons appears!

All things Desktop Dungeons

Re: A wild HTML-based Desktop Dungeons appears!

Postby Lujo on Sun Sep 22, 2013 11:15 am

The health potions and mana potions used to restore both for the thief in the alpha (they do so in the beta as well, except only 20% on the off-color bar)
I almost got pwned by Shifty Brickwork!
Lujo

Postby Jambo11 on Sun Sep 22, 2013 4:46 pm

^Ahh...I didn't notice that. Thanks!
Jambo11

Postby The Avatar on Sun Sep 22, 2013 8:34 pm

The whole point of LEMISI is that it negates its own cost. It would be terrible if this wasn't true.
We made an expansion and it is awesome. Really, you should check it out, especially if you're looking for some extra challenge.

Download over at ddmod.weebly.com!
The Avatar

Postby Jambo11 on Mon Sep 23, 2013 3:34 am

Really... The whole point of "LEMMISI" is to have no net loss of mana? And here I thought the point was to regain health by uncovering areas that you couldn't otherwise get to...

And it wouldn't be terrible if there was a net loss of mana from using it. Personally, I think it would be quite reasonable. Not a huge cost, mind you, but a net loss of 1 one point per use wouldn't be that bad.

At any rate, I could have sworn that there was a net loss with one of the classes... :oops: ...heh heh
Jambo11

Postby The Avatar on Mon Sep 23, 2013 3:49 am

There is a net loss with the berserker because of his increased mana cost for all glyphs. The point of LEMISI is to be able to regenerate TOTALLY between fights (both health and mana, or at least it is in the beta) one to four times using all of the tiles you could not previously access. You have to weigh that vs your conversion bonus.
We made an expansion and it is awesome. Really, you should check it out, especially if you're looking for some extra challenge.

Download over at ddmod.weebly.com!
The Avatar

Postby Darvin on Mon Sep 23, 2013 3:23 pm

The alpha random generator often left huge areas of inaccessible blackspace, which is why LEMMISI worked there. The beta tends to be more efficient and has significantly less hidden blackspace, meaning this glyph usually only shines on the rare subdungeon (zombie money, contemplate the waters, level 5 monster guarding a booster) with lots of inaccessible blackspace. This is one of the reasons why it got buffed in the beta (from 3 mana cost to 2, and prioritizes revealing non-empty tiles). Still one of the weaker glyphs even after that. I convert it on sight with the berserker.
Darvin

Postby Lujo on Mon Sep 23, 2013 4:59 pm

There's a few other subdungeons where it works - hitball and such. But it's a real killer if found early since it's "waste some blackspace for scout: anything", that is - in the beta it doesn't randomly reveal stuff but tends to reveal at least one or two important things with each hit. That can be a ton of info - who the gods are, WHERE the gods are, which glyphs are where, who the bosses are, where de white women at, where the shops are, where the rather important mana boosters are... And then you scoff it up for a nice conversion pop with most races.

You could argue that starting with it is the beta Transmuters strongest ability outside of VGT cheeze sillyness.

In the alpha, yes, plenty of otherwise unreachable blackspace so having the glyph actually ment you gain blackspace. It's still bloody good in this capacity in some of the Beta dungeons (Dragon Isles layout, Namtar's Lair layout, Ick Swamp (oddly enough)...). The only problem is whether you want to use it to scout right away (very strong) and then CP it, or save it on the ground for later (could be good).
I almost got pwned by Shifty Brickwork!
Lujo

Previous

Return to Desktop Dungeons