A wild HTML-based Desktop Dungeons appears!

All things Desktop Dungeons

Re: A wild HTML-based Desktop Dungeons appears!

Postby hasya101 on Sat Nov 05, 2011 7:34 pm

Btw, here is a video on the topic of game design ;D
http://www.superlevel.de/spielkram/sequ ... mega-man-x
hasya101

Postby q 3 on Sat Nov 05, 2011 8:09 pm

If you had enough piety for 240 conversion points via Power of Earth, you could have instead used Vine Form to get permanent -12 damage reduction, which isn't too shabby. That would be very handy against the Matron in particular (since she reduces resists). Granted, you wouldn't have enough piety for much else from Earthmother, and you'd have a tough time getting any other deity's boons; you're probably still better off with GG or Dracul instead. It's a nice concept, but like most of her boons could stand to be buffed a bit more.
q 3

Postby Darvin on Sat Nov 05, 2011 8:51 pm

Nobody's commenting on the re-making of the alpha? Pretty cool stuff!

Not to insult the creator (who I'm sure put a lot of effort into this) but I really don't see the point. I already have desktop dungeons alpha, why would I need another version?

you're probably still better off with GG or Dracul instead.

I'm actually getting worried that the other gods really don't compare to these two for general-purpose value. GG is great for anything except a pure BURNDAYRAZ mage, and Dracul is just plain awesome for just about anybody. Tikki Tooki and Mystera are decent consolation prizes (Mystera used to be top-notch, but with full-piercing wand blowing her weakening boon out of the water and her magic boon now raising physical resist, she's lost most of her oomph). Earthmother, Binlor and Taurog are piety farms for most classes and their boons are situational at best.

I'd really like to see Taurog completely reworked, Earthmother and Binlor significantly improved, and Mystera and Tikki Tooki brought up notch.
Darvin

Postby The Avatar on Sat Nov 05, 2011 10:13 pm

Purge Weakness: Sacrifice 1 max mana to gain 25 piety, cannot reduce mana below 1
Taurog's Armory (90 piety): Creates an entrance adjacent to the alter leading into a subdungeon containing Taurog's armory. Each item in the armory is cursed, but you can take as many as you can carry. Once you leave the armory, the door closes permanently behind you.
Skullpicker: +8 base damage, +25% physical resist bypass, take damage whenever you cast a spell (mana cost x character level / 3)
Will: +20% physical resist, must pay 33% mana when drinking a health potion
Gloat: +20% magic resist, lose 33% health when drinking a mana potion
Wereward: -2 damage received per character level, ignore up to 10 layers of corrosion, lose 1 mana whenever you take damage
Cliffstompers: +20% attack bonus, ignore up to 10 layers of weakening, cost of spells increases by 1 mana each time you cast (reset when you next make a melee attack).
Unstoppable Fury (20 piety +15 per use): grant death protection and mana burns you
Crazed Frenzy (10 piety + 10 per use): Gain +5 base attack, +30% bonus damage, +25% physical resist bypass and you are slowed. This effect ends when you next cast a spell or drink a potion. Effect cannot be stacked.
Surging Spirit (60 piety): When at full mana you gain +20% bonus damage and +20% to both resistances.
Brutal Onslaught (40 piety): You gain a stunning attack, causing any monster you attack to become slowed.

I would like to nominate Darvin's suggestion for the new taurog.
JakshdfFiha$#jaigb532i97fbnPKASN*@)sdjbau9a0)f+,Ahghs*hr)sk_sabdh^ujsbUA3{mvio/~dgffdsT^klndf,#ikon%(d

I speak chaos.
The Avatar

Postby Darvin on Sat Nov 05, 2011 11:11 pm

Heheh, that was fun to write up.
Darvin

Postby The Avatar on Sun Nov 06, 2011 3:24 am

Hmmm... What to do about binlor and earthmother...

Well a few suggestions are make the vine form reduce 2 damage but increase by 5, which helps effectiveness and make Power of earth give 100 conversion for 50 piety and increase by 20 each time. This may be overpowered since I have only played the earthmother once. Personally, I think binlor could use a high cost piety boon, because after stone fist I have almost no use for the amounts of extra piety.
Hardiness: Increase maximum hp by 3 per level. (Recalculates)

I dunno, just a suggestion.

They all seem to have one common problem: Why would I choose their boons over GG's, Dracul's, or Taurog in case of the monk and berserker.
JakshdfFiha$#jaigb532i97fbnPKASN*@)sdjbau9a0)f+,Ahghs*hr)sk_sabdh^ujsbUA3{mvio/~dgffdsT^klndf,#ikon%(d

I speak chaos.
The Avatar

Postby guest on Wed Dec 07, 2011 1:49 pm

Hi,
Just to point out that orc and goblin races are broken in the HTML5 version.

In the menu, it displays :
Goblin convert skill glyphs to: experience (should be gold)
Orc convert skill glyphs to: base damage (should be experience)

And during the game, converting glyphs with those 2 races does nothing.

Postby guest on Wed Dec 07, 2011 9:17 pm

Also, completing one of the dungeon (like Snake Pit or Factory) with one of the special race (like Half-dragon or Gorgon) does not count toward the completion of those dungeon. (e.g. winning in the Crypt with a Half-dragon character should increase the maximum gold by 5 which currently isn't happening)

Postby aquasheep on Sat Dec 17, 2011 6:53 pm

Just to point out that orc and goblin races are broken in the HTML5 version.

In the menu, it displays :
Goblin convert skill glyphs to: experience (should be gold)
Orc convert skill glyphs to: base damage (should be experience)

And during the game, converting glyphs with those 2 races does nothing.

Confirmed. Just unlocked Goblin and Orc, and neither works.

As a side note, I like the HTML version a lot mainly because I can play it in Linux :D. Laurent Vaucher, you are awesome! Please fix the couple of bugs though when you have time.

Edit: Just finished the library with the vampire, and it did not register. Second bug confirmed as well.
aquasheep

Postby Jambo11 on Sun Sep 22, 2013 10:13 am

I've only played this a little bit with a Human Thief, but I did find some minor issues:

1. The health potions also restore mana. (disregard this one)

2. The mana restored from "LEMMISI" is enough to negate the cost of the spell.

3. The message produced from getting the dodge bonus from Tikki Tooki has some spelling and punctuation errors. It reads, "You fell light on your feet, and more aware of your surroundings." It should read ..."FEEL light on you feet..." and the comma shouldn't even be there.

4. Though I can understand not wanting to use particle effects or anything too complex, it seems like it couldn't hurt to make the crosshairs for the spells a little more visible. Maybe make them red and put them inside of a black circle.
Other than that, it's quite a faithful recreation!
Last edited by Jambo11 on Sun Sep 22, 2013 4:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jambo11

PreviousNext

Return to Desktop Dungeons