[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 120: preg_filter(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
QCF Design Community • View topic - Is there ever any reason to not immediately convert WONAFYT?

Is there ever any reason to not immediately convert WONAFYT?

All things Desktop Dungeons

Re: Is there ever any reason to not immediately convert WONA

Postby FDru on Fri Nov 11, 2011 6:57 am

I usually pick up BYSEPS, cast it once, then convert it. So I guess it's kind of useful?

It's really pretty useless unless you haven't found something better to spend mana on.
FDru

Postby Hammerfan on Sat Nov 12, 2011 4:16 pm

What about this:

WONAFYT: Summons a monster of your level to a tile next to you. If this monster is killed without any extra exploration, it gives you extra XP.

BYSEPS: Holding it in your inventory passively gives you atack bonus % equal to your level. Effect on use stays the same.
Hammerfan

Postby subanark on Sat Nov 12, 2011 4:32 pm

I think something like: The monster summoned grants +1 exp would work. It is half the bonus you get for killing something 1 level higher than you.
subanark

Postby Darvin on Sat Nov 12, 2011 7:15 pm

We already have IMAWAL to grant XP bonuses, and it's a nice +50%. Knock out a monster 2-3 levels higher than you and that gets really significant. A mere +1? Consolation prize to say the least...
Darvin

Postby The Avatar on Sat Nov 12, 2011 10:16 pm

How about it gives the monster a 20% miss chance, unstackable of course, which works like dodge.
We made an expansion and it is awesome. Really, you should check it out, especially if you're looking for some extra challenge.

Download over at ddmod.weebly.com!
The Avatar

Postby Hammerfan on Sat Nov 12, 2011 10:42 pm

Well Darvin, It wouldnt really encroach on IMAWAL. Both BURNDAYRAS and PISORF work as damage dealing gliphs, but they do so diferently, why cant IMAWAL and WONAFYT both grant extra XP in different ways?
Yes, 1 extra exp is bad, but that wasnt what I suggested. I think it should be something like 25%. WONAFYT would now be able to be used to get more mileage out of monsters of your level, while also allowing you to save exploration. The drawbacks are that you cant use regen tactics, and need to start the fight with less mana.

I still want to know what you guys think about my BYSEPS change...
Last edited by Hammerfan on Sat Nov 12, 2011 10:46 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Hammerfan

Postby FDru on Sat Nov 12, 2011 10:42 pm

Equal or lower level monsters are not a threat, it doesn't matter if they miss.
FDru

Postby The Avatar on Sun Nov 13, 2011 4:36 am

We made an expansion and it is awesome. Really, you should check it out, especially if you're looking for some extra challenge.

Download over at ddmod.weebly.com!
The Avatar

Previous

Return to Desktop Dungeons