[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 120: preg_filter(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
QCF Design Community • View topic - Okay, take this!

Okay, take this!

All things Desktop Dungeons

Okay, take this!

Postby GoatBot on Fri Nov 11, 2011 4:14 pm

Discussion - Okay, take this!
GoatBot

Re: Okay, take this!

Postby Deadman on Fri Nov 11, 2011 8:36 pm

Wow, these sound terrific!
Deadman

Postby GG Crono on Fri Nov 11, 2011 8:41 pm

Trisword nerf? OMFG DD IS RUINED FOREVER I QUIT!!!!!!!!!!!!

Seriously though, it was kind of a must-have for physical classes, so I can get behind a nerf. :)
GG Crono

Postby Murdus on Fri Nov 11, 2011 8:53 pm

I don't get it why it is tied to health potions of all things, though. Does that mean halflings/Earthmother are now OP?
Murdus

Postby The Avatar on Fri Nov 11, 2011 9:54 pm

NOOOOOO! NOT MY TRI-SWORD!!!!!!!!
We made an expansion and it is awesome. Really, you should check it out, especially if you're looking for some extra challenge.

Download over at ddmod.weebly.com!
The Avatar

Postby q 3 on Fri Nov 11, 2011 9:59 pm

A Halfling with the Trisword will get more base damage than an Orc per conversion, unless you can get more than 1000 conversion points. Not to mention the extra potions, although you're still better off even if you quaff them as soon as they're generated. On the other hand, a Gnome with Whurrgarbl will get far less bonus damage per conversion than a Human, for any amount of conversion points. (Specifically, Gnomes would get 62.5% as much bonus damage as Humans, per conversion point.) That's probably a fair trade, since Gnomes were overpowered and Halflings underpowered, but it is kind of weird. Trisword is still a much better item than Whurrgarbl.

Now to go see if I can't pwn the new dungeon with a Trisword-wielding Halfling Transmuter. ;)
q 3

Postby Darvin on Fri Nov 11, 2011 10:21 pm

Wow... trisword is basically a halfling only item now, and whurrgarbl a gnome only item. Although Trisword needed a nerf (whurrgarbl not so much), I dislike items that are useful for one and only one type of approach. I wouldn't mind as much if we had more locker space, but our selection there is highly limited so trisword is almost certainly getting the boot out of the locker now.

Venom Sword is completely useless now since attacking more than once in succession will wipe out its poison.
Darvin

Postby dislekcia on Fri Nov 11, 2011 10:44 pm

Everybody gets potions. Halflings and Gnomes just get more of them... You were all just storing them for the boss runs anyway, now you have choices on when to use them.
dislekcia

Postby FDru on Fri Nov 11, 2011 11:13 pm

Stuck on loading trying to play the new dungeon. Went to make breakfast, came back, still stuck. Had to kill browser. Was not running any other programs this time so can't blame it on that.

Yeaaaaaaaaaaah, I hate Unity. Nuff' said.
FDru

Postby Darvin on Fri Nov 11, 2011 11:18 pm

Darvin

Next

Return to Desktop Dungeons