[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 120: preg_filter(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 120: preg_filter(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
QCF Design Community • View topic - Okay, take this!

Okay, take this!

All things Desktop Dungeons

Re: Okay, take this!

Postby subanark on Mon Nov 14, 2011 8:44 pm

subanark

Postby The Avatar on Mon Nov 14, 2011 8:58 pm

Do you think that they'll half his hp for the real version or just remove the dungeon?
We made an expansion and it is awesome. Really, you should check it out, especially if you're looking for some extra challenge.

Download over at ddmod.weebly.com!
The Avatar

Postby subanark on Mon Nov 14, 2011 9:22 pm

subanark

Postby moldar on Mon Nov 14, 2011 9:26 pm

So - with this new release, I see more mention of the elusive Dragon Shield.

I've completed all the tavern quests except the new Tower one.

Searching other threads says something about the Matron of Flame. Where/when do I find that?

Cluelessly yours,

Moldar
moldar

Postby The Avatar on Mon Nov 14, 2011 10:56 pm

Moldar, you get power artifacts/rewards when you beat vicious dungeons. Namtar gives you his ward. The Avatar gives you his mark. The Matron gives you the shield. Naga City and the tower give you GOLD!!!!

The matron is the second boss of the dragon isles. I recommend a taurog berserker, but I have done it with a taurog monk too. Berserker is very easy to use for this dungeon. You can regen fight the firstborn, then use hp potions on the dragon elites, and last regen, whupaz and unstoppable fury on the matron. I even got the feeling parched award when I got the poison res item.

Also, I BEAT THE TOWER!!!!!!!

Subnark, the first time I used your strategy and found both healing and soul orb I won with half the outside layer to spare! Also, in addition to the preparations you suggest I recommend scout: player to find HALPMEH faster as scouting player scouts 2/3 of the first floor.

I suppose Horratio isn't so immortal now... :D
We made an expansion and it is awesome. Really, you should check it out, especially if you're looking for some extra challenge.

The Avatar

Postby moldar on Mon Nov 14, 2011 10:59 pm

Thanks, Avatar!

I guess I have some new challenges ahead of me. I must say it would be nice if the game would advise you that you get a reward from Vicious dungeons.....
moldar

Postby The Avatar on Mon Nov 14, 2011 11:25 pm

They really should just scoot up the Victorious Classes section to include transmuter, tinker, and crusader on row 5, and Gorgon, Half-Dragon, and Vampire on row 6.

The Avatar

Postby subanark on Tue Nov 15, 2011 12:13 am

I'm kind of glad I took piety over scouting. It was just enough to push me to have enough to get both blood shield and +2 mana while keeping enough to convert to GG. If I didn't have that I probably could have survived by killing the slimes (and later the wizards) with just fireball. At the end I had to reveal squares without getting health regen in order to ensure I can transmute walls without having the boss recover HP (Although I guess it ended up not being a problem since my attack after the damage reduction was still higher than the boss's).
subanark

Postby The Avatar on Tue Nov 15, 2011 12:30 am

Funny thing, I fought everything, because patches and blood shield helped me barely take a hit from the wizards and RBS destroys the goo blobs. Also, I never even got +2 mana and never needed more than 8 cause' I fought the wizards.

Did anyone else lol when they saw Horratio was a goat?

The Avatar

Postby Darvin on Tue Nov 15, 2011 4:35 am

Darvin

PreviousNext

Return to Desktop Dungeons