[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 120: preg_filter(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 120: preg_filter(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
QCF Design Community • View topic - Okay, take this!

Okay, take this!

All things Desktop Dungeons

Re: Okay, take this!

Postby The Avatar on Tue Nov 15, 2011 8:34 pm

I wonder what the next version will be?

How about:

EARTH USER: Starts with endiswall, costs 3 mana. Starts with imawall, costs 1 mana.
EARTH MASTER: Destroying walls grants 2 health per level. Petriying experience giving things grants 3 mana.
EARTH BODY: No natural regeneration and 10% physical resistance.

It's probably a terrible suggestion but I want to hear other ideas from people.
Last edited by The Avatar on Wed Nov 16, 2011 1:17 am, edited 1 time in total.
We made an expansion and it is awesome. Really, you should check it out, especially if you're looking for some extra challenge.

Download over at ddmod.weebly.com!
The Avatar

Postby q 3 on Tue Nov 15, 2011 9:10 pm

Whatever mechanic is used for Transmuters will have to take Earthmother into account. Assuming she continues to give piety for petrifying plants, a cheap or free IMAWAL/ENDISWAL combo will allow for nearly unlimited piety.
q 3

Postby The Avatar on Tue Nov 15, 2011 9:33 pm

I don't think she should give you piety for petrifying plants.
We made an expansion and it is awesome. Really, you should check it out, especially if you're looking for some extra challenge.

The Avatar

Postby subanark on Wed Nov 16, 2011 1:05 am

subanark

Postby The Avatar on Wed Nov 16, 2011 1:13 am

Very true subnark. Otherwise Hexx Ruins would be earthmother heaven.

The Avatar

Postby q 3 on Wed Nov 16, 2011 5:19 am

I think the real issue for Transmuters is the Rock Heart - right now it's too powerful (for them; too weak for any other class, unless you're relying heavily on PISORF or knockback damage) and with no drawback it's a no brainer. Leave the Rock Heart as it is, and it's going to be nearly impossible to come up with a viable Transmuter who isn't potentially broken. Give the Rock Heart a penalty that's harsh for Transmuters but more manageable for other classes, maybe something like -1 max MP every time you level up or -25% to max resistances, and Transmuters should become much easier to finally fix. (I suspect that either of those prior versions of the Transmuter would have been reasonably well-balanced after one of the above changes.)

*EDIT: And on the topic of no brainer items, I think the Troll Heart and Martyr Wraps are both still woefully underpowered. They have the potential to be worthwhile items, but will each need a significant power boost before that's the case (I think somewhere around +3 or +4 HP per level for the Troll Heart, and +4 or +5 layers of corrosion for the Martyr Wraps would be appropriate).
q 3

Postby Darvin on Wed Nov 16, 2011 5:55 am

Darvin

Postby dislekcia on Wed Nov 16, 2011 11:45 am

The reason Transmuter does well in Gaan-Telet is due to the way the class approaches regeneration resources differently - it just so happens that there are more resources for Transmuters in the way the dungeon is currently laid out. Don't forget that differences to dungeon design and layout impact the "alternate strategy" classes a great deal, which is something we want to keep in the game because it's fun to think about playing that way, it's the "I wonder what would happen here..." trigger that gets you talking about DD with friends. That doesn't mean that a class is overpowered or in need of nerfing in every situation ;)
dislekcia

Postby The Avatar on Wed Nov 16, 2011 12:07 pm

I suppose thats true... but no other class can get anywhere near them in the tower.

The Avatar

Postby dislekcia on Wed Nov 16, 2011 2:44 pm

Nobody was supposed to get anywhere in the tower. It's kinda a foil for the new items and classes we're going to be adding over the next few weeks.
dislekcia

PreviousNext

Return to Desktop Dungeons