[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 120: preg_filter(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 120: preg_filter(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
QCF Design Community • View topic - Okay, take this!

Okay, take this!

All things Desktop Dungeons

Re: Okay, take this!

Postby Zalminen on Sat Nov 12, 2011 8:25 pm

I've been storing the Trisword and Whurrgarbl in the locker since I found them but now there's no real point anymore. I might still buy them in a dungeon as the last item before taking on the boss if I have a free slot but as a preparation they're just hogging important space.
The bosses are usually hard enough that if I need to spend more than one or two potions beforehand, I may as well retire and try again.

Viper Ward & Soul Orb changes: Yes!

Venom Blade: sounds like it would now actually be very useful. Blast the enemy with BURNDAYRAZ, then attack once with melee. Enemy is poisoned, then regen to 100% by exploring and return to kill. Then repeat with the next enemy.
It's pretty common that against heavy hitters you couldn't handle two melee hits in a row in any case.
EDIT: The update changes listing implies it will only lose it's poison for the enemy you're currently fighting and will work again for the next enemy, Darvin's comment implies it would lose it's poison for the whole dungeon run. Haven't yet verified which is correct.
EDIT2: Yep, poison effect works again fine for the next enemy.
Zalminen

Postby Darvin on Sat Nov 12, 2011 9:40 pm

Darvin

Postby The Avatar on Sat Nov 12, 2011 10:00 pm

Ah!! Forgot to Prepare patches!
We made an expansion and it is awesome. Really, you should check it out, especially if you're looking for some extra challenge.

Download over at ddmod.weebly.com!
The Avatar

Postby Darvin on Sun Nov 13, 2011 12:28 am

Patches an a burn cure potion are GREAT for the paladin. He can cure poison and so mana burn is the only effect that really hurts you. He gains marvellously from Patches other effects, including enhanced resistances and extra mana, so that teddy bear works really well for paladins.
Darvin

Postby The Avatar on Sun Nov 13, 2011 4:11 am

I know...

I wonder if they will weaken this dungeon if no one beats it...

You have to go through 12(?) floors and then deal 6500 damage to the boss (Presuming you have a can of whupaz)
We made an expansion and it is awesome. Really, you should check it out, especially if you're looking for some extra challenge.

The Avatar

Postby The Avatar on Sun Nov 13, 2011 4:39 am

Uh, the new burning heart only stacks 3!

If that is not the biggest oversight on this planet! I payed 30 gold!!!!

The Avatar

Postby q 3 on Sun Nov 13, 2011 4:56 am

I haven't actually gotten to the tower boss yet, but based on subanark's description I suspect lifesteal might be the way to go. You'd need a little over 600 piety with Dracul to make it work, assuming you have both the Vampiric Blade and Taurog's shield (probably best to take the -2 shield from the blacksmith, too; not sure if it's feasible to also go for Vine Form since you won't get Earthmother until after Dracul and won't have much piety fodder anyway, but once Blood Hunger gets expensive enough the math might work out in favor of an earlier switch). That shouldn't be too hard with a Dwarf Bloodmage and the Agnostic Collar. Hardest part will be actually getting to the boss in the first place. Honestly, I think the trickiest part of the tower is the deity setup; you're stuck with Taurog until you can clear level two, and his boons are outright cancerous in this dungeon (absent strategies that involve tedious min-maxing such as the above).

The new Venom Sword should be handy for CYDSTEPP Rogues and similar combos. With high damage and low defense, even one additional hit can make a huge difference in the amount of bonus experience you can claim.
q 3

Postby Darvin on Sun Nov 13, 2011 7:55 am

I got to the golem level, had enough resources to keep going (orc transmuter; battlemage ring and rock heart), but then the game crashed. I still had plenty of walls left, too. If I'd have had HALPMEH, the golem level would have been a breeze.
Darvin

Postby Zalminen on Sun Nov 13, 2011 9:24 am

Zalminen

Postby The Avatar on Sun Nov 13, 2011 12:13 pm

Theoretically, if you got 75 life steal could the boss not damage you?

The Avatar

PreviousNext

Return to Desktop Dungeons