[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 120: preg_filter(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 120: preg_filter(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
QCF Design Community • View topic - Okay, take this!

Okay, take this!

All things Desktop Dungeons

Re: Okay, take this!

Postby The Avatar on Wed Nov 16, 2011 8:14 pm

So... Are you going to remove the dungeon or weaken it.

If you weaken it, I suggest you make the first floor levels 1-4 and then gorgons 5, bandits 6, and so on... Also, you better weaken the boss's stats.
We made an expansion and it is awesome. Really, you should check it out, especially if you're looking for some extra challenge.

Download over at ddmod.weebly.com!
The Avatar

Postby Troggle on Thu Nov 17, 2011 6:39 pm

Troggle

Postby FDru on Thu Nov 17, 2011 7:05 pm

FDru

Postby The Avatar on Thu Nov 17, 2011 8:32 pm

Actually, the Alpha Vampire would stink in the tower, because once you hit level 10 you could not heal from level ups which would rip you apart.
We made an expansion and it is awesome. Really, you should check it out, especially if you're looking for some extra challenge.

The Avatar

Postby subanark on Thu Nov 17, 2011 9:50 pm

The tower simply needs to be buffed with respect to transmuters by reducing the number of walls per floor. After that is done, we can talk about any nerfs to make it reasonable.

I can already see the next patch notes:
Due to excessive transmuter wear and tear on the towers, the repairmen have decided to use less traditional walls for holding the tower up, namely plants.

Also, is it me or does it seem like I'm descending each floor instead of ascending. Maybe the tower is buried?
subanark

Postby The Avatar on Thu Nov 17, 2011 10:19 pm

You have a point there with the going down. Also, they need to both reduce the wall count and weaken the dungeon.

The Avatar

Postby dislekcia on Fri Nov 18, 2011 12:07 am

dislekcia

Postby The Avatar on Fri Nov 18, 2011 12:25 am

I agree with FDru, but I still wouldn't consider the game a failure...

I mean, can anybody beat Avatar, Kinisssch, or Namtar with a monk or fighter?

The Avatar

Postby Darvin on Fri Nov 18, 2011 2:40 am

Darvin

Postby Crowdi on Fri Nov 18, 2011 2:43 am

Hi

Tbh, I don't really play DD that much but I have been following for a while.

But I thought I would chime in here because I think the discussion of "should all classes be able to beat all dungeons?" an interesting one.

If from the get go DD has established that all classes should beat all dungeons, then I can understand that a few of the players being heartbroken when this is not the case.

But from my understanding, DD has been about the difficulty of the challenge and having to "puzzle-solve" the dungeons. And maybe a reward for the hardcore players is to include dungeons that can only be beaten by one class. In that, it challenges the depth of knowledge of the hardcore player to know that a class may beat an "impossible" dungeon and to understand in-depth why only that class can beat that dungeon.

But I think in order to do that, you need to draw a massive outline around those dungeons and make the players aware that only one class can beat that dungeon. This type of "mode" could also be extended in numerous ways and perhaps even extending to a different set of challenges.

But I am going to put a massive disclaimer on the above opinion, in that I really don't play DD that much. :) You guys could have already implemented that kind of system and I wouldn't know.
Crowdi

PreviousNext

Return to Desktop Dungeons