[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 120: preg_filter(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 120: preg_filter(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
QCF Design Community • View topic - Locker Space!!!

Locker Space!!!

All things Desktop Dungeons

Re: Locker Space!!!

Postby Darvin on Fri Nov 18, 2011 5:41 am

That goes for glyphs, too. A rogue on a vicious dungeon who can't find CYDSTEPP has to restart. HALPMEH is another glyph I'm often prowling around for.

Really, HALPMEH and CYDSTEPP have always been the two most effective glyphs in the game. Repeatable and powerful ways to extend your longevity in the melee, one better for high-resist brawlers and the other better for high-attack strikers. With the possible exception of PISORF for Orcs and maybe APHEELSIK, no other glyph has ever come close to those two in terms of utility.
Darvin

Postby The Avatar on Fri Nov 18, 2011 12:12 pm

That is so true Darvin.

For example, for the monk slime pits challenge I scummed for a HALPMEH and easily out regened super meat man at level 6.
We made an expansion and it is awesome. Really, you should check it out, especially if you're looking for some extra challenge.

Download over at ddmod.weebly.com!
The Avatar

Postby Darvin on Sat Nov 19, 2011 4:11 am

Heheh, yeah, back with the nerfed APHEELSIK from the previous versions you actually got a better regen game out of HALPMEH. Glad to see the old APHEELSIK make a comeback, for that matter. I have to keep reminding myself not to chuck it straight into the conversion bin.
Darvin

Postby q 3 on Fri Dec 02, 2011 4:23 am

q 3

Postby Crawly McCrawlsa on Fri Dec 02, 2011 4:39 am

I haven't seen the rock heart in like 100 dungeon runs. And when I find it? I don't have the space for it. I want my Scout Shop back too :(
I play everything in every genre. Send me a message!
Dear DD Designers, you're awesome. TY!
steam name: bobbywojo (BrbHouseOnFire)
Crawly McCrawlsa

Postby Sidestepper on Fri Dec 02, 2011 5:01 am

Just adding my voice to the chorus here. More locker space would be a good idea. Lockering items isn't so much a strategic decision as it is a way of circumventing grinding. A mechanic that forces the player to choose between convenience and optimal play isn't very fun.

I really liked Darvin's idea of being able to buy additional locker spaces one at a time, at an increasingly steep price. We need something to spend that gold on anyway.
Sidestepper

Postby Alweth on Fri Dec 02, 2011 4:49 pm

One of the great improvements of the Beta over the Alpha was to do away with the advantaged gained for later games by just playing to grab money. It was boring and tedious, yet optimal. Although clearly unintended, it seems that lockers have brought that problem back into the game. Therefore, I would suggest that it is not the amount of locker space that is the problem, but the very existence of the locker (at least, in its current form).

There are, of course, many possible alternatives, so I'll just throw one out there for brainstorming purposes.

When you bring a lockerable item back to the kingdom a certain number of times, you get the option to pay to make it available to purchase at the guild when you go out on your missions. Items that are easy to get would require a good number of copies, but be cheap to add to your repertoire, while hard to get items would only require one or a few copies, but be expensive to make available.

This would, obviously, make the guild infringe on the way the bazaar works, but, let's face it, they're already pretty similar. So why not just combine the two and make either a new guild or a new bazaar?

A new guild could have, Scout Level 1 Monsters, Scout Level 2 Monsters, Guaranteed Taurog Altar, Guaranteed Binlor Altar, Convert Some Mana Potions to Health Potions, +10% Magic Resist/-10% Physical Resist.
Were you expecting a coherent message? Alweth does not deal with such trifles. Ignore him or watch the thread get locked!
Alweth

Postby The Avatar on Fri Dec 02, 2011 8:14 pm

YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
We made an expansion and it is awesome. Really, you should check it out, especially if you're looking for some extra challenge.

The Avatar

Postby Sidestepper on Fri Dec 02, 2011 8:17 pm

Sidestepper

Postby The Avatar on Fri Dec 02, 2011 9:18 pm

Yeah, the only time it comes up is really early on, or after losing tons of times on a Vicious Dungeon...

The Avatar

PreviousNext

Return to Desktop Dungeons