[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 120: preg_filter(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 120: preg_filter(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
QCF Design Community • View topic - Locker Space!!!

Locker Space!!!

All things Desktop Dungeons

Re: Locker Space!!!

Postby Bloggorus on Wed Jul 04, 2012 12:29 am

Also, having a 'sacrifice' button might be cool. Sacrifice an item enough times and you can keep it forever?
Bloggorus

Postby The Avatar on Wed Jul 04, 2012 2:48 am

?

Not sure what you mean by the Sacrifice button.

Personally, I think 2 reasonable changes that wouldn't be too broken are making the Vicious rewards take there own space, and adding an area where you can buy whatever you want to locker WITHOUT having to grind. People will still have different lockers, it just reduces the pain.
We made an expansion and it is awesome. Really, you should check it out, especially if you're looking for some extra challenge.

Download over at ddmod.weebly.com!
The Avatar

Postby Bloggorus on Wed Jul 04, 2012 4:09 am

i meant that instead of lockering something you can 'sacrifice' it, or throw it away for a different benefit.

ie. sacrificing enough triswords lets you put it in your locker whenever you want for a fee, meaning you dont have to find it in a shop again.

Still a little bit of grinding, but if the devs are adamant about keeping the locker 'individual', this could a nice compromise. Would take a looong time to get everything, but you would have all your favourite items pretty quickly, and maybe some others if ever you want to try somethign else out.
Bloggorus

Postby squirrelnest on Thu Jul 05, 2012 4:43 am

What I've learned from this topic is that I should stop prepping platemail so often and spend some more time with fine sword. Thanks! :D
squirrelnest

Postby The Avatar on Thu Jul 05, 2012 12:19 pm

Actually, I'm always using Platemail. But they're both great items so it's your choice.
We made an expansion and it is awesome. Really, you should check it out, especially if you're looking for some extra challenge.

The Avatar

Postby dislekcia on Fri Jul 06, 2012 3:11 pm

I'm tempted to put in a "random locker item" button that always costs less, but doesn't reveal what you get till you're in dungeon ;)

Generally, the fact that people are complaining about locker slots sorta means that we're doing the right thing with them. We called it before on the blog: There will never be enough lockers, if we were to have a system that would allow you to have all the locker slots ever, the first thing everyone would want is the ability to take in two items so that they could combo them, right?

Basically what we're hearing is "There are more than 6 optimal items to start with, depending on the dungeon and class/race" that's a good thing! The locker is only a buffer against randomness : You randomly get items in shops, so you can store those in your locker. I'm curious, if you're arguing for access to any item via lockers, are you also arguing for shops selling all items, instead of picking just one?
dislekcia

Postby The Avatar on Fri Jul 06, 2012 3:23 pm

That would be hilarious for non-specific strats. Dang, now I want one...

The Avatar

Postby fall_ark on Fri Jul 06, 2012 3:52 pm

fall_ark

Postby Aequitas on Mon Jul 09, 2012 10:59 am

Aequitas
Site Admin

Postby fall_ark on Mon Jul 09, 2012 11:27 am

Last edited by fall_ark on Mon Jul 09, 2012 1:22 pm, edited 2 times in total.
fall_ark

PreviousNext

Return to Desktop Dungeons