[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 120: preg_filter(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 120: preg_filter(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
QCF Design Community • View topic - Holy War

Holy War

All things Desktop Dungeons

Re: Holy War

Postby FDru on Sat Nov 19, 2011 12:44 pm

Forgot to mention that getting 100 piety with JJ did not get me the Crusader. Do you need to complete the dungeon run or what?

Also, I still haven't found Earthmother. Where should I look? :P
FDru

Postby Gorgon on Sat Nov 19, 2011 12:53 pm

Actually, if you get corrosion as your fist status as a crusader, you become immune to corrosion for the rest of the game, not only the first time!
Gorgon

Postby dislekcia on Sat Nov 19, 2011 12:57 pm

Whoops, the Warlord glyph problem was my fault. Fixed that and the spelling error (which totally wasn't my fault) - silent update to new version incoming.
dislekcia

Postby 232 on Sat Nov 19, 2011 1:06 pm

Postby The Avatar on Sat Nov 19, 2011 1:10 pm

You have to have 100 piety and then talk to him in his subdungeon (if it spawns).
We made an expansion and it is awesome. Really, you should check it out, especially if you're looking for some extra challenge.

Download over at ddmod.weebly.com!
The Avatar

Postby Gideonic on Sat Nov 19, 2011 2:20 pm

The Wizard glyph conversion mana bonus removal seems to break Explorers Guild -> Starter Pack -> Positioning
Gideonic

Postby The Avatar on Sat Nov 19, 2011 2:31 pm

I don't know if this is intentional, but I beat Want Some Loot? (Bazaar quest to get level 3) even though I died. Also, I got a crash error when I killed a golem after using my wicked guitar. Also, the elite items look awesome! (Did you keep Terror slice, Magicians moonstrike, berserker blade, etc.? Haven't seen it)

Okay, if use an orb of zot and then a whupaz potion should't it bring their hp to 65% of the new max hp?

Also, shouldn't Dwarven gauntlets be 2 max hp per level and not just 2hp and 20% damage? (I mean I did pay 35 gold)

The orb of Zot is not worth 90 gold in preparations. It should not just bring down their max hp but their current too!
We made an expansion and it is awesome. Really, you should check it out, especially if you're looking for some extra challenge.

The Avatar

Postby gjaustin on Sat Nov 19, 2011 5:13 pm

gjaustin

Postby The Avatar on Sat Nov 19, 2011 5:30 pm

Yes, I agree that it's 35% of max health but it doesn't recalculate for orb of Zot

The Avatar

Postby TigerKnee on Sat Nov 19, 2011 6:05 pm

Haven't unlocked JJ(J?) and Crusader yet so here are my thoughts so far

Paladin - On one hand, I do like the fact that the "religious" tree actually has a special ability that does something with religion now, le gasp.

On the other hand, couldn't you have given the ability to Priest or Monk instead, two classes that are pretty low on the tier scale? I rather replace the Priest double damage to undead (not that useful) and keep the Paladin's health because it's more tactically interesting.

Bank - To be honest, the new preparations are kind of boring. I was expecting something more interesting like...

1) Take in 50 gold but spend 75 from Kingdom

2) Take in 100 gold but spend 250 from Kingdom.

In other words, bringing in high amounts of money but at a huge loan. The straight one for one conversions are rather boring to me.

Bazaar - What happened to Scout: Shop? Other than Scout: Altar, that was the only other useful scouting preparation.

Other than that... I'm not sure why anyone would not just pick "Elite items" when it's unlocked. "Quest items" seems unpowered or perhaps that's just me because I got a billion Martyr wraps all the time. Most Quest items are rather specific ones that you would bring in as a preparation anyway like Tri-sword if you're a Halfling. Apocapthery is laughable. I would never have unlocked the burn salve/fortitude potion anyway if it wasn't a requirement for level 3 Witch Hut.

If someone could tell me the quickest way to get JJ and Crusader (where to find those guys), that would be great thanks.
TigerKnee

PreviousNext

Return to Desktop Dungeons