[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 120: preg_filter(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 120: preg_filter(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
QCF Design Community • View topic - Holy War

Holy War

All things Desktop Dungeons

Re: Holy War

Postby The Avatar on Mon Nov 21, 2011 12:48 pm

I think the Wizard is slightly better now, because now you can carry alot of items to counteract your damage penalty or pump your fireball.
We made an expansion and it is awesome. Really, you should check it out, especially if you're looking for some extra challenge.

Download over at ddmod.weebly.com!
The Avatar

Postby Darvin on Tue Nov 22, 2011 3:31 am

The fact that all slots are now physical/magical, combined with the small glyph size, is what really improves the wizard. They now have unrivaled inventory flexibility.
Darvin

Postby JonahHollow on Tue Nov 22, 2011 7:31 am

I'm not sure how I feel about every slot being a physical/magical. Sure it opens up a whole slew of new possibilities, but beforehand, the classes were more unique, and more thought had to be put in to decide which class to take. I happily like both, but if all slots are physical/magical, does it seem necessary for every slot to say that, it's a slight eyesore which I think would look better if all slots just didn't have the physical/magical text on them, as it's understood.
JonahHollow

Postby Halion on Tue Nov 22, 2011 7:47 am

I like generic item slots, the distinction didn't really add anything interesting, and any time I ran up against the limit it felt more like an annoyance than a resource. Having a limited inventory of 6 slots feels like it provides enough of a limitation to work around when making decisions on what to use.

Different classes having different item slots did vary them more, but not in a way I found fun. The specific powers of a class should be the focus in the decision to play them.

If you stick with this change, the physical/magical label can be phased out, like suggested above. I'm not surprised it is still there while testing, though.
Halion

Postby The Avatar on Tue Nov 22, 2011 12:21 pm

Tru dat, Hallion, tru dat.
We made an expansion and it is awesome. Really, you should check it out, especially if you're looking for some extra challenge.

The Avatar

Postby dislekcia on Wed Nov 23, 2011 1:08 pm

dislekcia

Postby The Avatar on Wed Nov 23, 2011 1:22 pm

Don't undo it! Do not undo it!

The Avatar

Postby gjaustin on Wed Nov 23, 2011 4:50 pm

gjaustin

Postby Signal on Thu Nov 24, 2011 10:57 am

Minor gripe: there's an apostrophe in the announcement for Bezar's first quest that shouldn't be there ("to know that it's...").
Signal

Postby dislekcia on Fri Nov 25, 2011 12:46 am

dislekcia

PreviousNext

Return to Desktop Dungeons