[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 120: preg_filter(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 120: preg_filter(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
QCF Design Community • View topic - Holy War

Holy War

All things Desktop Dungeons

Re: Holy War

Postby Darvin on Sat Nov 19, 2011 6:09 pm

I found the Crusader in a subdungeon in Venture Cave. You need to acquire 100 piety to unlock him once you find him. I found Jehora Jeheyu in a subdungeon in shifting passages (bring a WEYTWUT glyph and enough mana to use it once...)
Darvin

Postby The Avatar on Sat Nov 19, 2011 6:58 pm

Did they remove magician's moon strike, terror slice, berserker blade, etc.
We made an expansion and it is awesome. Really, you should check it out, especially if you're looking for some extra challenge.

Download over at ddmod.weebly.com!
The Avatar

Postby Darvin on Sat Nov 19, 2011 7:34 pm

Darvin

Postby q 3 on Sat Nov 19, 2011 7:38 pm

Crusaders are apparently unable to get immunity to Death Gaze. Not a big deal, I suppose, but it was a bit disappointing to find it didn't work after going to the trouble of figuring out how to do it. Also, taking a hit from a Bandit (poison + mana burn) always gets poison immunity, rather than mana burn (or both...). Are poison, mana burn, weaken and corrode the only possible immunities, then? I'm tempted to say they should just have all four immunities by default; I honestly doubt it would be overpowered, certainly not compared with Transmuters (or most of the other top tier classes, for that matter).

Crusaders do get their one "extra" altar on the main floor of the Tower. Considering that their other two abilities are nearly worthless in that dungeon, though, I doubt they'll be clearing it anytime soon.

Assassins can actually do pretty decently with JJ. Get to level 10 with zero kills, convert to Tikki Tooki (or Taurog or Dracul) and kill everything for massive piety gain, maybe finish by converting to Glowing Guardian for Humility. Rogues can probably do something similar, and get their dodge up to 40% at the same time. (It's actually not all that different from using a Mana Leak centered approach.) Could be a decent strategy for Crusaders, too, to keep Momentum going. Add a Blue Bead and you can probably streamroll just about every normal or hard dungeon, but you'll still tend to run out of gas too quickly in any of the vicious dungeons.

Dialogue box after completing the level 3 bank quest is missing a period at the end. Dialogue box introducing the level 3 bazaar quest has an apostrophe in "its" that shouldn't be there.

The flag for the level 3 bazaar quest didn't appear on my map (the quest did appear in the list on the menu to the right, but toggling the flag there didn't do anything on the map itself).
q 3

Postby Darvin on Sat Nov 19, 2011 8:11 pm

Darvin

Postby The Avatar on Sat Nov 19, 2011 8:13 pm

How about he gets a base damage or 2 instead of 10% attack boost? In addition to everything immunity.
We made an expansion and it is awesome. Really, you should check it out, especially if you're looking for some extra challenge.

The Avatar

Postby FDru on Sat Nov 19, 2011 8:45 pm

I'd like to see him lose 50% of his current build-up rather than all of it when taking damage. That might make up for the loss of the 3x strike on death (which was the only reason I beat some dungeons with him at all in the alpha :lol: ).
FDru

Postby Darvin on Sat Nov 19, 2011 8:56 pm

Most of the hard and vicious dungeons have bosses with a lot more staying power than in alpha, so his build-up is considerably weaker against them. I'm not sure if halfing it is the right approach, either, but it's definitely much better than what we have now.
Darvin

Postby gjaustin on Sat Nov 19, 2011 9:10 pm

gjaustin

Postby The Avatar on Sat Nov 19, 2011 9:39 pm

I dunno, you would only use it to level up mid boss. Using it first thing wastes too much bonus exp.

The Avatar

PreviousNext

Return to Desktop Dungeons