[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 120: preg_filter(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 120: preg_filter(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
QCF Design Community • View topic - Improving and Changing Gods!

Improving and Changing Gods!

All things Desktop Dungeons

Re: Improving and Changing Gods!

Postby The Avatar on Mon Nov 28, 2011 7:06 pm

Then you could have 15 or so fireball damage per level and no attack, which as a bloodmage with a keg of mana and 18 or 24 mp could wreck everything.

I still suggest removing the penalties for all boons and raising cost or making piety gain harder if possible.
We made an expansion and it is awesome. Really, you should check it out, especially if you're looking for some extra challenge.

Download over at ddmod.weebly.com!
The Avatar

Postby gjaustin on Mon Nov 28, 2011 8:27 pm

gjaustin

Re: Taurog, Binlor, and Tiki Tooki

Postby JonahHollow on Mon Nov 28, 2011 9:23 pm

JonahHollow

Postby Darvin on Tue Nov 29, 2011 5:51 am

One boon I'm increasingly questioning is Blood Hunger. While it will usually pay for itself if you pick it as your first boon, it's just not very good for high-level characters and the piety cost keeps it out of the hands of low-level characters. With two very strong alternatives from Blood Power and Blood Shield, I really can't see picking this one up. Most characters will never run into the max-resist issue, but for those who do this one really feels a lot like Mystera's magic boon; the penalty outweighs the benefits.
Darvin

Postby The Avatar on Tue Nov 29, 2011 12:04 pm

I have only ever used it once and I did not benefit, thy really should change it...
We made an expansion and it is awesome. Really, you should check it out, especially if you're looking for some extra challenge.

Download over at ddmod.weebly.com!
The Avatar

Postby q 3 on Tue Nov 29, 2011 9:39 pm

Lifesteal is hard to balance; too weak and no one has any use for it, too strong and you can easily become invincible. Making it a little cheaper on the low end but more expensive on the high end might be a beneficial tweak, say, changing the piety cost to 10+10 (and possibly having it reduce max resistance by 15% each time to compensate for the first few levels being less expensive).
q 3

Postby gjaustin on Tue Nov 29, 2011 9:49 pm

Was Lifesteal percentage based in the alpha or am I remembering that incorrectly?

Regardless of whether it was or not, making it percentage would make it useful at all levels and would provide more balancing options.
gjaustin

Postby JonahHollow on Tue Nov 29, 2011 9:53 pm

I always get the lifesteal boon, and I don't really have a problem getting Piety from Dracul. I just choose carefully what I want to spend it on, the most lifesteal I've gotten was 15. But I think on that playthrough I also used the healing boon once as well.
JonahHollow

Postby Crawly McCrawlsa on Tue Nov 29, 2011 9:59 pm

My problem with it is that I would only use it on a character with high resistances because that's what it's most effective with. The problem is you can only get 1 level of it before the max resistance loss makes it worthless to add levels to. Unless you pick it up very early on in the dungeon, it won't pay itself off either. All around it needs some changes, simply because it's his weakest boon. On any hard or vicious dungeon, it simply doesn't help.
I play everything in every genre. Send me a message!
Dear DD Designers, you're awesome. TY!
steam name: bobbywojo (BrbHouseOnFire)
Crawly McCrawlsa

Postby JonahHollow on Tue Nov 29, 2011 10:01 pm

I think when I did it, it was with a Paladin on a hard dungeon. I agree though that it could/should be changed.
JonahHollow

PreviousNext

Return to Desktop Dungeons