[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 120: preg_filter(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 120: preg_filter(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
QCF Design Community • View topic - Improving and Changing Gods!

Improving and Changing Gods!

All things Desktop Dungeons

Re: Taurog, Binlor, and Tiki Tooki

Postby Crawly McCrawlsa on Sun Nov 27, 2011 7:58 pm

Also, I totally missed Avatar's possible rework up there, but I think it looks cool.

As for the demigod route, darvin mentioned demoting 2 would be a good idea. 6 gods, of which 3 always appear, and 3 demigods of which 1 only appears would work really well. It's less likely this way for you to spend a ton of money on preparations only to find your chosen god didn't appear this run, ruining your chances of success.
I play everything in every genre. Send me a message!
Dear DD Designers, you're awesome. TY!
steam name: bobbywojo (BrbHouseOnFire)
Crawly McCrawlsa

Postby The Avatar on Sun Nov 27, 2011 10:03 pm

How about demoting EM and make him grant hp, conversion, or damage reduction when certain things happen (6 choices like Pactmaker, two per bonus).

As for the other, perhaps Binlor, who weakens enemies, lowers their resistances, or slows them, when you reach certain conditions. 6 choices, two per bonus.

I mention these two because they seem to be the two worst gods all-round.
We made an expansion and it is awesome. Really, you should check it out, especially if you're looking for some extra challenge.

Download over at ddmod.weebly.com!
The Avatar

Postby JonahHollow on Mon Nov 28, 2011 3:52 am

I'd rather just keep trying to perfect the current religious system as well. 3 god always guaranteed would make the game less randomized and not as enjoyable for me.
JonahHollow

Postby Crawly McCrawlsa on Mon Nov 28, 2011 4:18 am

I play everything in every genre. Send me a message!
Dear DD Designers, you're awesome. TY!
steam name: bobbywojo (BrbHouseOnFire)
Crawly McCrawlsa

Postby TigerKnee on Mon Nov 28, 2011 4:21 am

With the recent change to his last boon, Binlor is really close to being a god with actual usable boons, really.

If it's possible, in a new version I hope to see that...

1) Binlor's "+20% damage when under Stone Skin buff" actually works without having to use First Strike (which makes the boon a worse version of the Bysseps Glyph)

2) Binlor's "instant 50% physical resistance" changed. It's... really kind of redundant and overcosted. This is probably a good place to give a more all-purpose boon.

I'm still iffy about the Knockback boon though. It looks powerful but... Knockback is just one of those mechanics that seems a lot more easy to screw yourself over than to help.
TigerKnee

Postby JonahHollow on Mon Nov 28, 2011 4:27 am

I wish knockback damage was calculated into the damage estimate bar thingy. As well as things like the berserker's extra 30 percent damage against higher level foes and such.
JonahHollow

Postby The Avatar on Mon Nov 28, 2011 4:30 am

Knockback would really only be good if you could get it in very high percents. Otherwise it's rather useless...
We made an expansion and it is awesome. Really, you should check it out, especially if you're looking for some extra challenge.

The Avatar

Postby Darvin on Mon Nov 28, 2011 4:35 am

Darvin

Postby The Avatar on Mon Nov 28, 2011 4:39 am

I actually like the new Earth Mother. Her weed boon is now even more necessary, but my elven paladin with about 12 damage reduction destroyed Anoobis.

The ideas and concepts behind the gods and their boons work (except Taurog in almost all non-normal situations), the problem is the penalties are worse than the benefits or one god is better 90% of the time (Drac).

The Avatar

Re: Improving and Changing Gods!

Postby Darvin on Mon Nov 28, 2011 4:47 am

Darvin

PreviousNext

Return to Desktop Dungeons