[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 120: preg_filter(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 120: preg_filter(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
QCF Design Community • View topic - Alchemy 101

Alchemy 101

All things Desktop Dungeons

Re: Alchemy 101

Postby The Avatar on Sun Nov 27, 2011 5:50 am

Maybe you'll have to re-buy the stone, so be on the lookout.
We made an expansion and it is awesome. Really, you should check it out, especially if you're looking for some extra challenge.

Download over at ddmod.weebly.com!
The Avatar

Postby Crawly McCrawlsa on Sun Nov 27, 2011 6:17 am

Arrrrg... stupid pactmaker. Made me have to abandon the run because of him. Got the +10 piety -1 max mana while playing a transmuter. Patches just wasn't giving me the mana boosts I needed, and I was too low of a level when I picked him up. I should have waited till the end, but I didn't want to forget about him down there in that dungeon all alone.

Well, took me a decent number of runs, but I finally found that philosopher's stone again in a shop. Bought it back.
I play everything in every genre. Send me a message!
Dear DD Designers, you're awesome. TY!
steam name: bobbywojo (BrbHouseOnFire)
Crawly McCrawlsa

Postby The Avatar on Sun Nov 27, 2011 2:06 pm

Ouch on the Pactmaker.......
We made an expansion and it is awesome. Really, you should check it out, especially if you're looking for some extra challenge.

The Avatar

Postby dislekcia on Mon Nov 28, 2011 10:48 am

dislekcia

Postby Halion on Mon Nov 28, 2011 11:00 am

Halion

Postby dislekcia on Mon Nov 28, 2011 1:49 pm

dislekcia

Postby The Avatar on Mon Nov 28, 2011 3:13 pm

I've finally found a good way to play monks since the tri-sword nerf!

Conversion seal and sensory stone should end you up with more base damage than if you were using a tri-sword, and you get to keep your potions! Still not great, but what can I say, they're monks!

The Avatar

Postby TigerKnee on Mon Nov 28, 2011 4:13 pm

I am kind of wondering if Monks should get a higher resistance cap (let's say, 80% vs 65% for most classes), if not a completely new ability but this seems more simple for now.

The Monk doesn't have his alpha functionality anymore of being one of the better item "carriers" in the game, to use a term from DoTA. He's terrible at using Strength Potions, Venom Swords, damage items because of his dual penalties, First Strike stuff, can't take advantage of most deities properly without bleeding piety like crazy... uh, I think this list will be way too long, moving on!

Having 50% starting resistances would make him great at stacking resistances. Unfortunately the 65% resistance cap means he doesn't take advantage of it as much as he would like to. Consider that's about the only department where the Monk would win in item carrying compared to most other classes it seems a bit sad.
TigerKnee

Postby The Avatar on Mon Nov 28, 2011 6:23 pm

Very true, tigerknee, but 80% resistances is too powerful in my opinion. It basically makes you able to tank meat men and zombies extremely high levels above you. Unfortunately 75% seems a bit weak, considering how bad they are right now.
3/4 resist and 4/5 resist is a substantial difference for really high hitters (namtar, Avatar, Bleaty).

How about making double regen and 50% resists into one diamond body ability, changing hand to hand into no attack bonuses from items, and make discipline +10 item costs and a slight conversion bonus (+10 every conversion), thus embracing the actual reality of monks not using items or having possessions.

The Avatar

Postby The Avatar on Tue Nov 29, 2011 2:51 am

Actually, my above monk suggestion would be overpowered. How about no buying items and no conversion bonus.

The Avatar

PreviousNext

Return to Desktop Dungeons