Y U Hate New Players D:

All things Desktop Dungeons

Re: Y U Hate New Players D:

Postby The Avatar on Thu Dec 01, 2011 8:08 pm

Oh... Scum for an orb of Zot, as it lowers their berserker threshold.
We made an expansion and it is awesome. Really, you should check it out, especially if you're looking for some extra challenge.

Download over at ddmod.weebly.com!
The Avatar

Postby Zalminen on Thu Dec 01, 2011 8:43 pm

...and like I said earlier, I haven't yet received the quest for level 3 Bazaar so no elite items either.
I figured I need to finish the level 3 Bank quest first which means fully clearing Shifting Passages :D

But thanks for the advice in any case :)
Zalminen

Postby The Avatar on Thu Dec 01, 2011 9:13 pm

Ah Ha! Ouch, well I had to do without them too, it's tough and it takes awhile.
We made an expansion and it is awesome. Really, you should check it out, especially if you're looking for some extra challenge.

The Avatar

Postby xspeedballx on Thu Dec 01, 2011 9:25 pm

I posted a bug about this but I figured I would post a similar non "complaint" comment.

I have been repeatedly able to breeze through shifting sands regardless of configuration using an elf paladin worshipping tikki tooki. Get poison, and then the xp boost. If I hadn't crashed every time they all would have been easy wins. I was able to kill level 9 changelings without using pots and having plenty of resources left to finish leveling and exploring. While I have the max level witch hut, I am fairly confident I wouldn't need the level 3 pots to win with the resources I had remaining.

Preps were Dragon Shield, Black Market, Scout Alter, 35g, +2 sword, and I hadn't got a chance to use any of them but I brought whupazz, reflex, and schadenfreude. Didn't buy anything(money went to tikki) except a few attempts I picked up a pendant of health which smoothed over some early level stuff. Kept around endiswall to help with some maneuvering and had plenty of resources to "waste" the mana. Hope this helps with anyone having trouble with the kill everything quest. Though it won't help if you all have the same crashes I do, but that will be fixed eventually I suppose.
xspeedballx

Postby Zalminen on Thu Dec 01, 2011 10:32 pm

Ha, finally succeeded in clearing Twisting Passages!
Used Elf Bloodmage + Fire Heart, got lucky enough to get only one high level changeling and Mysteria Annur, kept fireballing much higher level enemies while exploring and by the time I had explored everything I was 6th level, had 100 piety, all the changelings were in 2nd mode and I had only killed about 5 enemies so there was plenty of space left.
Used mana leak, killed a couple of lower level enemies to level up and regain mana, then started fireballing Evolvia. Used mana potions and Schadenfreud potion to keep firing, used a single melee attack whenever Evolvia got the fireball counter and used lower level enemies and their blood pools to regain health when necessary.
This time mopping up the remaining enemies was easy.

I had to win one more normal dungeon to get the Bazaar level 3 quest to finally appear (and perhaps I could have gotten it if I had just kept playing the easier dungeons).
Unfortunately I can't even see Deep Swamp yet so I'll have to finish something else before finally getting the damn elite items...
But progress is progress :)
Zalminen

Postby The Avatar on Thu Dec 01, 2011 11:03 pm

You need to win Hexx ruins, and if you're having trouble, USE A PALADIN!!!!

The Avatar

Postby Crawly McCrawlsa on Fri Dec 02, 2011 3:44 am

Naga city is one of the hardest vicious dungeons as well haha. So you might wanna explore in a different direction first.
I play everything in every genre. Send me a message!
Dear DD Designers, you're awesome. TY!
steam name: bobbywojo (BrbHouseOnFire)
Crawly McCrawlsa

Postby The Avatar on Fri Dec 02, 2011 3:48 am

Naga City is the HARDEST vicious dungeon! (Now I wish my username was Kinisssch... On second thought, I don't want people to think I'm an annoying sissy freak with awful stats who hides behind big monsters...)

The Avatar

Postby q 3 on Fri Dec 02, 2011 4:25 am

The Tower is way harder than Naga City. It's actually possible to clear Naga City with multiple, non-broken classes (I've done it with a Wizard).
q 3

Postby Crawly McCrawlsa on Fri Dec 02, 2011 4:41 am

Yes, but The Tower was designed to be nigh impossible... So it's the exception.
I play everything in every genre. Send me a message!
Dear DD Designers, you're awesome. TY!
steam name: bobbywojo (BrbHouseOnFire)
Crawly McCrawlsa

PreviousNext

Return to Desktop Dungeons