[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 120: preg_filter(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 120: preg_filter(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
QCF Design Community • View topic - Y U Hate New Players D:

Y U Hate New Players D:

All things Desktop Dungeons

Re: Y U Hate New Players D:

Postby The Avatar on Tue Nov 29, 2011 8:17 pm

Ouch man...

@dislekcia: Slime pits is waaaaaaay to tough! It was the 3rd hardest dungeon for me including Vicious! 1. Halls of steal Vicious 2. Naga City 3. This with a monk!

I don't think that it is the dungeon (even though I'vr only beaten it twice) it's the monk! Especially with the new tri-sword the monks need Taurog even more, but with no way to beat the goo blobs physical using Taurog, this makes the quest nigh impossible, and that's not including the poison, corrosion, and other awful effects.

This took me more tries than the avatar and that was before the tri-sword nerf.
We made an expansion and it is awesome. Really, you should check it out, especially if you're looking for some extra challenge.

Download over at ddmod.weebly.com!
The Avatar

Postby gjaustin on Wed Nov 30, 2011 3:04 am

I finally beat Dragon Isle again! Might have taken me a few less tries if I hadn't I died to the mouse up bug on a fairly solid run.

I went Orc Berserker with:

Sensation Stone w/ +50% seal
Smuggler's Den
+10 piety
Combat Glyph (I wanted to get +30% damage or First Strike, but I got something else and converted it)
+50 Gold, Elite Items
Shield
Reflex, Quickness, Whupaz

Worshipped Taurog then Earthmother. Found a Viper's Ward in the store to help with the poison dragons in the sub-dungeon.
gjaustin

Postby The Avatar on Wed Nov 30, 2011 3:09 am

Good job!

Whupaz is ultra helpful for the hp, in fact, I beat it without regen fighting.
We made an expansion and it is awesome. Really, you should check it out, especially if you're looking for some extra challenge.

The Avatar

Postby mtomato on Wed Nov 30, 2011 2:25 pm

Well, I beat the Dragon Isles on my first try and didn't even find it too difficult.

I got myself an Orc Berserker with

Sensation Stone + Conversion Seal
Smuggler's Den
Scout: Altar
Mana -> HP
+35 Gold (edit: I has no +50 gold yet)
Shield
Shop Scroll

I messed up at the end and forgot to buy a health potion from a store, which would have allowed me one more hit on the boss.
I had to resort on desecrating Tikki Tooki's altar to get me enough piety for the 4th death protection from Taurog.
Last edited by mtomato on Sun Dec 04, 2011 12:14 am, edited 1 time in total.
mtomato

Postby gjaustin on Wed Nov 30, 2011 3:46 pm

gjaustin

Postby mtomato on Wed Nov 30, 2011 6:08 pm

mtomato

Postby Crawly McCrawlsa on Wed Nov 30, 2011 7:17 pm

I beat dragon isles with a nerfed tri-sword. Halfing Berserker makes it pretty easy. I still had like 3 health potions left when I finished.
I play everything in every genre. Send me a message!
Dear DD Designers, you're awesome. TY!
steam name: bobbywojo (BrbHouseOnFire)
Crawly McCrawlsa

Postby Zalminen on Thu Dec 01, 2011 7:36 am

Zalminen

Postby The Avatar on Thu Dec 01, 2011 12:12 pm

Getting a level 9 Changeling basically forces you to quit. Try an elf paladin, use whupaz then schaudenfraud then health potions, to save as many mana potions as possible for those infernal changelings.

The Avatar

Postby Zalminen on Thu Dec 01, 2011 1:52 pm

Well, like I said before, I'd first need to get past Complicated Tasks pt 5 to get Whupaz :)
Zalminen

PreviousNext

Return to Desktop Dungeons