Just a few scrambled Notes and ideas

All things Desktop Dungeons

Re: Just a few scrambled Notes and ideas

Postby The Avatar on Tue Dec 06, 2011 3:27 am

Good idea!

Also, going back to my first post, anyone used Nammy's new ward? They need to change it to a one time -2 max mp penalty. One more thing is the dwarven gauntlets are +2 hp, so you're really just paying for the +20%. I think it should be +1 hp per level (like an extra hp booster)
JakshdfFiha$#jaigb532i97fbnPKASN*@)sdjbau9a0)f+,Ahghs*hr)sk_sabdh^ujsbUA3{mvio/~dgffdsT^klndf,#ikon%(d

I speak chaos.
The Avatar

Postby TigerKnee on Tue Dec 06, 2011 3:32 am

2 hp can be helpful if you decide to take it in as a preparation.

Most enemies deal like 12 damage at level 3. +2 hp + shield = you can potentially kill a level 3 at level 1.
TigerKnee

Postby Crawly McCrawlsa on Tue Dec 06, 2011 4:02 am

So basically, you spend 70 gold in preparation so you can kill 1 or 2 enemies as a low level? Because after that, you rocket in levels and they're pretty worthless. Convert for another minor bonus to make room for something better.
I play DD, Sc2, BLC, LoL, and many more. Msg me for games anytime!
Dear DD Designers, you're awesome. TY!
steam name: bobbywojo
Crawly McCrawlsa

Postby TigerKnee on Tue Dec 06, 2011 4:07 am

Crawly McCrawlsa wrote:So basically, you spend 70 gold in preparation so you can kill 1 or 2 enemies as a low level? Because after that, you rocket in levels and they're pretty worthless. Convert for another minor bonus to make room for something better.

I think you missed that Dwarven Gauntlets is +2hp AND 20% attack bonus.

In the (VERY) early game, the +2HP allows you to engage enemies you normally wouldn't and super powers your strength potion.

In the late game, it's +20% damage bonus. Duh for any fighting class.
TigerKnee

Postby Crawly McCrawlsa on Tue Dec 06, 2011 4:18 am

I can generally handle early game without trouble. +2 hp is basically worthless in the long run. +20% damage is inferior to Tri-sword for just about every fighting class. +20% at end game is probably about 10-12 damage. Tri-sword grants that as a minimum, and without including your natural attack bonus. Not to mention tri-sword costs 30 gold less to prepare and can be combined with halfling for obnoxious amounts of more damage.
Crawly McCrawlsa

Postby Crawly McCrawlsa on Tue Dec 06, 2011 4:19 am

JonahHollow wrote:When you get bonus damage like the beserker trait, or enemy damage is reduced through resistances or a shield, the visual shows how much damage will be correctly done, but the numbers saying attack will stay the same, sometimes confusing me. I suggest if you get into a situation like the ones stated above, the stat of you or the enemy changes to the correct amount of damage that will be dealt, but in a different color, like red.

They had this in the alpha, so I assume they'll add it eventually. They may even individually break down what boosts you have by each item.
Crawly McCrawlsa

Previous

Return to Desktop Dungeons