[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 120: preg_filter(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 120: preg_filter(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
QCF Design Community • View topic - Pactmaker version two!

Pactmaker version two!

All things Desktop Dungeons

Pactmaker version two!

Postby GoatBot on Fri Dec 02, 2011 7:12 pm

GoatBot

Re: Pactmaker version two!

Postby JonahHollow on Sat Dec 03, 2011 12:07 am

Seeing as EarthMother was the last god I unlocked, I have no idea what boon you took away from her, but Taurog, you took away his cliffstompers :( I'd hope you would of combined his resistance items into one, oh well. I'm still looking for pactmaker to see what changes have been made. :)
JonahHollow

Postby The Avatar on Sat Dec 03, 2011 12:09 am

They reversed the pacts, -3 piety and +1 max hp when you kil a monster.
We made an expansion and it is awesome. Really, you should check it out, especially if you're looking for some extra challenge.

Download over at ddmod.weebly.com!
The Avatar

Postby The Avatar on Sat Dec 03, 2011 12:13 am

Man, I thought the monster den would be an extra monster class......
We made an expansion and it is awesome. Really, you should check it out, especially if you're looking for some extra challenge.

Download over at ddmod.weebly.com!
The Avatar

Postby Sidestepper on Sat Dec 03, 2011 12:17 am

Oof! As someone who barely finds the gods useful to begin with, what I didn't want to see was them all getting weaker. Differences I noticed:

Glowing Guardian: Lost Santify Strike (no big deal)
Binlor: Lost Wall Wipe (useless boon anyway)
Dracul: Lost Blood Power (devastating change)
Taurog: Lost Cliffstompers, but all gear now only costs -1 mana (not sure about this one)

EDIT: Blood Hunger also costs 10 instead 20 now, but a resistance-reducing boon from a god that grants resistance is going to be marginal at any cost.

MORE EDIT:
Tikki Tooki: The two potion boons were combined into one, and you get both a reflex and a dodge potion for the cost of a single health potion.

Mystera: Lost the glyph magnet boon

Pactmaker might actually be useful now
Last edited by Sidestepper on Sat Dec 03, 2011 12:35 am, edited 2 times in total.
Sidestepper

Postby Gorgon on Sat Dec 03, 2011 12:24 am

I like the new pactmaker more, I just wonder what would happen if I got below 0 piety without worshiping any god.
Gorgon

Postby Gorgon on Sat Dec 03, 2011 12:34 am

Taurog is much better now. I don't need to have 5 items clogging up my inventory to get death protection.
Gorgon

Postby q 3 on Sat Dec 03, 2011 12:55 am

I miss Glyph Magnet. :oops:

A Paladin with a piety farm deity (Mystera + BLUDTOPOWA works great here) and the Body Pact can easily max out his phys resist, possibly his mag resist, too. I'm not sure if Body Pact is working properly; it continues to activate even if you keep hitting the same monster over and over, and doesn't always seem to activate when you take damage from a new monster (although I might just have been running low on piety constantly).

This isn't new, but as far as I can tell, Paladins don't get any Monotheism benefits whilst following Jehora - none of his penalties reduce piety, so they take full effect. IMO Paladins should be immune to his random punishments from the start. That still wouldn't make him a worthwhile deity from them in most instances, of course.

I haven't found any new subdungeons yet, although I did get a dungeon (Venture Cave) that didn't seem to have any subdungeon, which I suppose is either a bug or a super secret puzzle subdungeon that is too obtuse for me to figure out how to enter at the moment.
q 3

Postby Sidestepper on Sat Dec 03, 2011 1:07 am

Sidestepper

Postby JonahHollow on Sat Dec 03, 2011 1:12 am

JonahHollow

Next

Return to Desktop Dungeons