Pactmaker version two!

All things Desktop Dungeons

Re: Pactmaker version two!

Postby The Avatar on Sun Dec 04, 2011 11:35 pm

Very true, they all need to give on worship piety.
We made an expansion and it is awesome. Really, you should check it out, especially if you're looking for some extra challenge.

Download over at ddmod.weebly.com!
The Avatar

Postby Darvin on Mon Dec 05, 2011 12:52 am

Tikki Tooki is the only deity that might be an exception to that rule. His two best boons (Poison and Tikki's Edge) are worthless if exploration is complete and all low-level monsters are already killed, and if low-level monsters haven't yet been cleared out he's still got a massive potential for piety. Really, Tikki Tooki more has the opposite problem that he's incredibly difficult for low-level characters to work with.
Darvin

Postby Crawly McCrawlsa on Mon Dec 05, 2011 1:08 am

Meh, with the carrying 50 gold in, Tikki's problem for early characters has been fixed. You can get tikki's edge right off the bat and be over halfway to poison already. With the bonus experience, it's easy to level up quickly and have a ton of lower level guys to farm piety off of. When I use tikki, unless it's a vicious dungeon, I usually can gain enough piety for 2 levels of Edge, Poison, and either dodge or a conversion with my leftover in addition to buying all the items I want.

So, unless you're playing a monk pretty much any class can easily benefit from him.
I play everything in every genre. Send me a message!
Dear DD Designers, you're awesome. TY!
steam name: bobbywojo (BrbHouseOnFire)
Crawly McCrawlsa

Postby q 3 on Mon Dec 05, 2011 1:22 am

Gold won't help much in a Purist run (and the gold you get from his boons can make him incredibly useful in Purist runs). I'd suggest giving him a cheap but helpful on-worship effect, like once only First Strike or one guaranteed dodge. (I also wouldn't complain if his piety for low level kills were reduced by a point or two, and in exchange he resumed giving piety for flawless kills, particularly for higher level enemies.)

In other news, I'm pretty sure that Mystera + Body Pact could serve as the basis for a winning Purist strategy in Naga City, probably with a Gnome Wizard/Sorcerer and HALPMEH + BLUDTOPOWA, but scumming for the right combination of altars and glyphs is giving me a headache.

(I realize that I'm apparently the only player who cares about the Purist medal, but that just means I have to care about it that much harder.)
q 3

Postby The Avatar on Mon Dec 05, 2011 2:38 am

I still don't think its possible to purist naga city... Soooo Haaaard.....
We made an expansion and it is awesome. Really, you should check it out, especially if you're looking for some extra challenge.

The Avatar

Postby JonahHollow on Mon Dec 05, 2011 3:10 am

That feel win I haven't really cared about the medals yet because I'm still just trying to clear all the dungeons.
JonahHollow

Postby The Avatar on Mon Dec 05, 2011 3:35 am

I've done all quests and dungeons, and I still don't care about medals! The problem with purist is it just adds more luck, because preparations remove a TON of scumming (Bring a tri-sword instead of buy)

The Avatar

Postby Darvin on Mon Dec 05, 2011 3:54 am

It's always nice to try to get as many medals as you can. Certainly when I'm playing on normal difficulty dungeons I'm trying to snatch up a bunch of medals as a challenge, but for any seriously challenging level I don't bother.
Darvin

Postby The Avatar on Mon Dec 05, 2011 12:40 pm

You have a point there. They're always fun to get, but unnecessary.

In vicious dungeons it's more like you take what you can get, cause trying for medals like feeling parched is gonna' be REALLY hard.

The Avatar

Postby Darvin on Tue Dec 06, 2011 3:58 am

Anything except "Ding! Max" and "Cheeky" is going to be a serious challenge on vicious dungeons.
Darvin

PreviousNext

Return to Desktop Dungeons