[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 120: preg_filter(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
QCF Design Community • View topic - Pactmaker version two!

Pactmaker version two!

All things Desktop Dungeons

Re: Pactmaker version two!

Postby Crawly McCrawlsa on Tue Dec 06, 2011 4:41 am

I got a feeling parched on Halls of Steel (Vicious). Transmuter + rock heart + Binlor + Halpmeh + Fire for eaaasy win. Rack up piety early on, switch to any other god for free bonuses, rack up more piety as them with your new bonuses (I used GG for awesomeness). I had like 20 walls and all my potions left when I beat him as a level 7. Transmuter just crushes everything.

Monk should be able to crush vicious Blah Blah without potions as well. Save all the vampires you can. Whenever you reveal blah blah, it counts as a revealed tile and heals and restores mana. Then, reveal all the vampires you need to take a hit from him. Regen fight off his own vampire buddies.
I play everything in every genre. Send me a message!
Dear DD Designers, you're awesome. TY!
steam name: bobbywojo (BrbHouseOnFire)
Crawly McCrawlsa

Postby The Avatar on Tue Dec 06, 2011 12:11 pm

He doesn't do that in Vicious. I still beat him with monk and paladin. Forgot about transmuter for indomitable.
We made an expansion and it is awesome. Really, you should check it out, especially if you're looking for some extra challenge.

Download over at ddmod.weebly.com!
The Avatar

Postby Crawly McCrawlsa on Wed Dec 07, 2011 5:19 am

Quick question... What does "Overheal" mean? Pactmaker says he Overheals and adds BYSEPPS buff when you level up... but what is an overheal? you're already at 100% and cured of everything. Do you get bonus health?
Crawly McCrawlsa

Postby Troggle on Wed Dec 07, 2011 6:11 am

You can get more than max health in some other circumstances already, like life steal, if I remember correctly. So I assume that's what the pactmaker does too.
Troggle

Postby dislekcia on Wed Dec 07, 2011 11:55 am

Overheal, as in what medics do in TF2.
dislekcia

Postby gjaustin on Wed Dec 07, 2011 4:53 pm

gjaustin

Postby Crawly McCrawlsa on Wed Dec 07, 2011 7:50 pm

Thank you all for the clarification. It sounds awesome and I shall certainly find a use for it.
Crawly McCrawlsa

Postby The Avatar on Wed Dec 07, 2011 9:21 pm

Well now I'm gonna start using that!

Also, Drac/Taurog paladins with the +1 resist pact is SUPER powerful. You easily acheive 65% resist both! I beat the indomitable (50) with it!
We made an expansion and it is awesome. Really, you should check it out, especially if you're looking for some extra challenge.

The Avatar

Postby Darvin on Thu Dec 08, 2011 2:55 am

Paladins don't need the resist pact to hit 65% physical. You have 25% from your class, 15% from Dracul/Taurog, and 18% from dragonshield which takes you up to 58%. Use either Patches or the Tower Shield to go the rest of the way.

Personally I wouldn't use Pactmaker with Dracul. Too little piety and those pacts get expensive. Taurog, on the other hand, is one of the more ideal Pactmaker fodder.
Darvin

Postby The Avatar on Thu Dec 08, 2011 3:19 am

Funny thing is I hit 65% physical and MAGICAL resistance, which made my level 8 elf paladin completely unstoppable in the non-vicious environment.

The Avatar

PreviousNext

Return to Desktop Dungeons