[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 120: preg_filter(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 120: preg_filter(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
QCF Design Community • View topic - The Fighter

The Fighter

All things Desktop Dungeons

Re: The Fighter

Postby Crawly McCrawlsa on Wed Dec 07, 2011 7:49 pm

I play everything in every genre. Send me a message!
Dear DD Designers, you're awesome. TY!
steam name: bobbywojo (BrbHouseOnFire)
Crawly McCrawlsa

Postby The Avatar on Wed Dec 07, 2011 9:18 pm

Yeah, the problem now is it isn't hard to get find level 1s or to kill the level 2s unlike the alpha where you could explore half the board before finding enough exp to level to level 2.
We made an expansion and it is awesome. Really, you should check it out, especially if you're looking for some extra challenge.

Download over at ddmod.weebly.com!
The Avatar

Postby Alweth on Thu Dec 08, 2011 2:16 am

Were you expecting a coherent message? Alweth does not deal with such trifles. Ignore him or watch the thread get locked!
Alweth

Postby Crawly McCrawlsa on Thu Dec 08, 2011 2:30 am

Alright... So, they don't want to change the fighter because of how effective he is at teaching new players. So, an option could be this:

A quest somewhat later in the game. The reward being a minor boost to the fighter. (Something like the suggestions mentioned above. Vision buff, able to double stack death protection, or something else) It wouldn't be a new class, but would instead reward players who have made it far enough into the game (and thus out-grown him) to uncover additional potential for him.
I play everything in every genre. Send me a message!
Dear DD Designers, you're awesome. TY!
steam name: bobbywojo (BrbHouseOnFire)
Crawly McCrawlsa

Postby The Avatar on Thu Dec 08, 2011 2:40 am

It would be called graduation, and it would require you to beat den of danger while getting the feeling parched badge.
We made an expansion and it is awesome. Really, you should check it out, especially if you're looking for some extra challenge.

The Avatar

Postby JonahHollow on Thu Dec 08, 2011 3:33 am

How about instead of convincing the devs to alter the fighter, we first convince them to alter the monk.
JonahHollow

Postby Darvin on Thu Dec 08, 2011 3:39 am

Darvin

Postby SnapDragon on Thu Dec 08, 2011 3:49 am

As a relatively new player, I like having a fairly simple, straightforward class in the game, and I DON'T expect every class to be on an equal footing. Excessive balance can be boring.

Don't like the fighter? Don't use him. Or consider it an extra challenge when you're trying to fill out your class completion list. ;)

(I can understand concerns about the Monk a bit better. He's got much more unusual mechanics, and it'd be a shame if there was never a reason to make use of them.)
SnapDragon

Postby The Avatar on Thu Dec 08, 2011 3:58 am

All classes should be equal to encourage all players to play all classes

The Avatar

Postby Darvin on Thu Dec 08, 2011 4:09 am

Classes don't have to be - and never will be - equal. They just all have to bring unique and useful features to the table. What the fighter brings is so weak and of limited usefulness that the entire class just seems like an exercise in self-handicapping.
Darvin

PreviousNext

Return to Desktop Dungeons