[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 120: preg_filter(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 120: preg_filter(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
QCF Design Community • View topic - OMG Vampires <3

OMG Vampires <3

All things Desktop Dungeons

Re: OMG Vampires <3

Postby dislekcia on Fri Dec 09, 2011 11:17 pm

dislekcia

Postby q 3 on Fri Dec 09, 2011 11:27 pm

q 3

Postby The Avatar on Fri Dec 09, 2011 11:29 pm

Vampires kinda suck. Just remove the penalty because they're not that good right now. Hmm, if that's too good make casting spells have an hp and mana cost (1 hp-->1 mp) but not ramp up, cause it costs the mana too.
We made an expansion and it is awesome. Really, you should check it out, especially if you're looking for some extra challenge.

Download over at ddmod.weebly.com!
The Avatar

Postby dislekcia on Sat Dec 10, 2011 12:19 am

dislekcia

Postby q 3 on Sat Dec 10, 2011 1:16 am

If you meant that BLUDTOPOWA works for Vampires, I can't figure that out either. With the glyph active, they don't regenerate mana via exploration (HP regeneration is still turned off). I even tested to see if it would cast spells from HP, or cause bloodpools or lifesteal to regenerate MP, and neither of those worked. Either it doesn't work or there's some trick to it that's beyond me.
q 3

Postby The Avatar on Sat Dec 10, 2011 1:19 am

Great, now I can't even trade 1 hp to 1 mp regen. Also, Vampires can be good if you find Dracul, but struggle without him... You should probably make it more balanced, because with him he's great, but he sucks without.
We made an expansion and it is awesome. Really, you should check it out, especially if you're looking for some extra challenge.

The Avatar

Postby Zaratustra on Sat Dec 10, 2011 3:06 am

Whew, finally beat the Crypt with four classes, surely beating Vicious mode once will only take a few dozen tr

> beat Vicious mode with three classes.

huh
Zaratustra

Postby The Avatar on Sat Dec 10, 2011 3:16 am

I easily beat Vicious. High stats has a weakness... WHUPAZ TANKS!!!!!!!!

The Avatar

Postby subanark on Sat Dec 10, 2011 5:28 am

Crypt isn't that hard once you figure out how to use the disappearing act the vampires use against them.

I tried a vamp, even beating a normal dungeons is hard with them. Their abilities just don't scale (except blood pools) and they have so many disadvantages. The poison immunity is near worthless since you only regenerate 1 HP pre square. The mana burn immunity is also not that helpful since you don't regenerate mana anyways. 1 health per conversion doesn't scale at all, nor does the 5 hp life steal. And the no resistances is just an extra strategy that goes out the window.
Last edited by subanark on Sat Dec 10, 2011 6:06 am, edited 1 time in total.
subanark

Postby Troggle on Sat Dec 10, 2011 6:05 am

Ha. Nice limerick.
It took me a while to realize that you can't steal more life than you deal damage (although in retrospect that makes perfect sense.) The predictions are kind of wonky and can be a bit frustrating, but other that I'm quite happy with the new update. Vampires seem much more balanced than the alpha version. They are perhaps a bit weak without dracul, and could do with some form of spell casting, imho.

The health regen feels good. Exploring works for low levels, then slaughtering low level monsters and drinking their blood for more hp during the boss fight is fun. (Especially when you find dracul early and get +70 lifesteal or something ridiculous.) Would it make sense to give the vampire a similar mana regen ability? Perhaps +1 mana per kill like the blue bead, or +1 mana per blood pool. He'd still be a lame caster, but at least I wouldn't end up converting pretty much every glyph on sight.

The pactmaker's new boon's interesting. I'll definitely be using it to get enough piety for some last minute conversions or an extra boon or two to take on the boss. +50 is quite a boost in piety, and -25max piety's a very cheap loss for essentially two desecration. I mean, compare getting the boon to desecrating GG and JJ.
Troggle

PreviousNext

Return to Desktop Dungeons