[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 120: preg_filter(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 120: preg_filter(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
QCF Design Community • View topic - OMG Vampires <3

OMG Vampires <3

All things Desktop Dungeons

Re: OMG Vampires <3

Postby q 3 on Fri Dec 09, 2011 6:26 pm

The Tinker is making me really miss the old alpha Goblins (convert for gold). I mean, yeah, with all the +gold preparations that wouldn't be too helpful, but on a Purist run I suspect he will really struggle. Interesting class, though, and it's too early to be certain but he seems fairly well balanced.

Pactmaker has a new pact, which should make him actually useful when you're following Dracul, but it doesn't do anything to improve his nonexistent synergy with GG. I'd still like him to get some effect that provides a bonus even if you're not already following another deity, since finding his altar first doesn't give you any options.
q 3

Postby Gorgon on Fri Dec 09, 2011 6:40 pm

New idea for a mission:
Complicated Tasks pt 7: Tinker with no preparations (or no items from shops. I don't know.).
Gorgon

Postby princevaliant on Fri Dec 09, 2011 7:06 pm

I love Vampires. I love limericks. And I love Desktop Dungeons.

Why am I telling you this? Because I've been trying to resist buying the game until it was more or less "finished", but today is the day I can wait NO LONGER! You've just earned yourselves another sale, QCF team.

...now get back to work!
princevaliant

Postby q 3 on Fri Dec 09, 2011 8:08 pm

The new Vampires are interesting. I'm not sure if there's any point in their worshiping a deity other than Dracul or Taurog, maybe occasionally Tikki Tooki (JJ and Earthmother would be useful if you could actually gain a reasonable amount of piety with them), but I suppose that's not all that different from the alpha. Maybe I can finally beat the Tower using lifesteal with a Vampire - probably not, since the main obstacle is still having to wait so long for Dracul's altar.

After pondering it some more, I think the new Pactmaker pact is probably overpowered - even with GG. Just wait to use it until after taking Enlightenment (or really, save it until the very end) and it's basically two free desecrations; by the end of the dungeon, when all you want is to eke out one or two last Protections/Blood Swells, max piety is irrelevant.
q 3

Postby Zaratustra on Fri Dec 09, 2011 8:49 pm

Strange that Crusader can't be immune to life steal or lower resists.
Zaratustra

Postby Signal on Fri Dec 09, 2011 8:54 pm

Speaking of crusader, I've run about 100 dungeons since he came out and I haven't seen him. I also haven't seen pactmaker after finishing his quest chain. Am I allowed to say I've found a glitch yet?
Signal

Postby Crawly McCrawlsa on Fri Dec 09, 2011 9:01 pm

THANK YOU! for making vampire come from beating the crypt (vicious). It was just too perfect a setup to not do it.
I play everything in every genre. Send me a message!
Dear DD Designers, you're awesome. TY!
steam name: bobbywojo (BrbHouseOnFire)
Crawly McCrawlsa

Postby The Avatar on Fri Dec 09, 2011 10:16 pm

Aren't Vamps supposed to regen mana? They don't. Also, the game crashes when talking to the tinker as a vampire...
We made an expansion and it is awesome. Really, you should check it out, especially if you're looking for some extra challenge.

Download over at ddmod.weebly.com!
The Avatar

Postby subanark on Fri Dec 09, 2011 10:48 pm

subanark

Postby q 3 on Fri Dec 09, 2011 11:07 pm

q 3

PreviousNext

Return to Desktop Dungeons