[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 120: preg_filter(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 120: preg_filter(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
QCF Design Community • View topic - Goblins...?

Goblins...?

All things Desktop Dungeons

Goblins...?

Postby pRaz on Mon Dec 12, 2011 11:17 pm

Considering you're not likely to unlock Goblins until well into the game, their Conversion bonus seems particularly clunky, since it's really only very useful in extreme fringe situations or in the early part of easier dungeons to get a quick advantage. Isn't there something better (and more in-character) for them? Like maybe...

- 120 CP for 5% chance of Poison.
- 120 CP for 5% dodge chance.
- 80 CP to remove, in order of priority, Poison, Mana Burn, Weakness, Corrosion (they regenerate like miniature trolls?)

Or modify the existing ability to be 120 CP for an extra +1 XP per kill, stacking (probably too powerful, maybe 200 CP instead)

I love the portraits for the lil' guys, but I never feel like using one unless I'm challenging myself. :(
pRaz

Re: Goblins...?

Postby The Avatar on Mon Dec 12, 2011 11:22 pm

Goblins are grubby little thieves who want lots of gold. +10 gold and an extra shop per 150(?) Conversion points. This would be great for purist runs (If anyone even does them) and you can get lots more items.
We made an expansion and it is awesome. Really, you should check it out, especially if you're looking for some extra challenge.

Download over at ddmod.weebly.com!
The Avatar

Postby Gorgon on Mon Dec 12, 2011 11:32 pm

Gorgon

Postby Gorgon on Mon Dec 12, 2011 11:35 pm

Some other races need to be rebalanced. Maybe something like:

Human: 85 CP
Elf: 60 CP
Dwarf: 70 CP

Gnome, Halfling and Orc stay the same.
Gorgon

Postby The Avatar on Mon Dec 12, 2011 11:37 pm

HUMAN 85! I could have an incredible amount of power then. Elves is unnecessary, but welcome, because spellcasters are rather weak these days. Dwarves... NO! That is too powerful. At level 10, an absolved dwarf with high resist could be so powerful!
We made an expansion and it is awesome. Really, you should check it out, especially if you're looking for some extra challenge.

The Avatar

Postby Gorgon on Mon Dec 12, 2011 11:53 pm

Gorgon

Postby The Avatar on Tue Dec 13, 2011 12:21 am

Hmm... I think stacking exp boost is too god if you stack it beyond 3-4, but then quickly becomes irrelevant.

The Avatar

Postby Hammerfan on Tue Dec 13, 2011 1:45 am

Hammerfan

Postby The Avatar on Tue Dec 13, 2011 1:48 am

Humans are better unless you are going to be able to convert a lot! Plus humans synergize more with base than orcs do, because the base damage is doubled, per say.

The Avatar

Postby TigerKnee on Tue Dec 13, 2011 2:43 am

Humans are okay... in that they are strong.

Some people think they're weaker than Orcs, and that MAY be true, but that's sort of like the Sorcerer/Wizard problem in Dungeons and Dragons 3e. Yes, the Sorcerer is weaker than the Wizard, but he is still stronger than just about most other class.

In the same way, the Humans at 100 CP is still better than Goblin, Elf, etc...

A lowered Elf CP rate would be nice. With all those new abilities made purely to scroll over Fireball users for some reason, magic needs a help.

I don't know if lowering Dwarf CP will help. The big problem is that Dwarves love % Health restoration other than Health Potions (because otherwise you would use Halflings) and we just lost the most powerful of that effect (Paladin's old restore 50% from killing undead) while GG's percentage healing is nerfed too.

So unless we get more of those effects I think Dwarves won't see much use.

As for Goblin, they suffer from the same problem as Fighters - the game has changed around them even though it looks the same. Getting EXP by killing higher level monsters is extremely easy in Beta compared to Alpha, so you don't really want to turbo-boost yourself early because you want those tasty tasty exp from killing high level monsters.
TigerKnee

Next

Return to Desktop Dungeons