[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 120: preg_filter(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
QCF Design Community • View topic - How DD Says "I'm Sorry"

How DD Says "I'm Sorry"

All things Desktop Dungeons

How DD Says "I'm Sorry"

Postby Alweth on Fri Dec 16, 2011 5:13 pm

So, I was playing Vicious Crypt. I had killed the boss and was just cleaning up when I died (foolishly) to the Death Protection outcome prediction bug. Bah! So, I make the character again to do it over again, and head out into the dungeon, and this is what I see:

Were you expecting a coherent message? Alweth does not deal with such trifles. Ignore him or watch the thread get locked!
Alweth

Re: How DD Says "I'm Sorry"

Postby The Avatar on Fri Dec 16, 2011 5:44 pm

Incredible! Machines have a conscience!
We made an expansion and it is awesome. Really, you should check it out, especially if you're looking for some extra challenge.

Download over at ddmod.weebly.com!
The Avatar

Postby Darvin on Fri Dec 16, 2011 9:01 pm

Jeeze, I wonder what it's trying to tell me when patches keeps teleporting me into a little corner behind a level 9 monster...
Darvin

Postby The Avatar on Fri Dec 16, 2011 9:02 pm

The worst was when it teleported me over the river as a level 2 in deep swamp...
We made an expansion and it is awesome. Really, you should check it out, especially if you're looking for some extra challenge.

The Avatar

Postby Darvin on Fri Dec 16, 2011 9:05 pm

I've stupidly taken Patches into Vanishing Oasis before, and it's trapped me on a little island without any monsters to kill!

Vanishing Oasis, Labyrinth, Rock Garden and Deep Swamp are three levels where you're really asking for it by bringing along Patches. Picking up WEYTWUT is always a good idea if you're packing Patches...
Darvin

Postby Alweth on Sat Dec 17, 2011 3:39 am

WEYWUT is otherwise bad enough that Patches should act as the WEYWUT Glyph when you click on him.
Were you expecting a coherent message? Alweth does not deal with such trifles. Ignore him or watch the thread get locked!
Alweth

Postby The Avatar on Sat Dec 17, 2011 4:03 am

I like WEYTWUT... It is really helpful when a high level naga, or any other untouchable monster, is blocking a long line of space.

The Avatar

Postby q 3 on Sat Dec 17, 2011 4:35 am

WEYTWUT is also the only way to get strike priority over a Gorgon/Goblin/anything else with first strike. More expensive than GETINDARE, but also more versatile. It can often be helpful to slow all the low level monsters with first strike, even if (especially if) you're going to leave them alone until later on, so that you don't have to worry about taking hits when you're mopping them up for a mid-fight level up. Removing blink and counter fireball are typically less useful effects, but certainly nothing to scoff at. If Patches cast WEYTWUT, I would have to start using him, and I'd rather that not happen.
q 3

Postby The Avatar on Sat Dec 17, 2011 4:38 am

I'd use him anyways. He's incredible for paladins, and the only bad effect, mana burn, can be cured once by a burn salve, or many other ways.

The Avatar

Postby gjaustin on Sat Dec 17, 2011 5:42 pm

gjaustin

Next

Return to Desktop Dungeons