[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 120: preg_filter(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
QCF Design Community • View topic - Troubling Times pt 1

Troubling Times pt 1

All things Desktop Dungeons

Re: Troubling Times pt 1

Postby The Avatar on Mon Dec 19, 2011 8:21 pm

Wow, and I thought vicious dungeons were supposed to make you come up with cool strategies...

EDIT: Ugh... Frank, Bleaty and Goo man in one round...
We made an expansion and it is awesome. Really, you should check it out, especially if you're looking for some extra challenge.

Download over at ddmod.weebly.com!
The Avatar

Postby gjaustin on Mon Dec 19, 2011 11:07 pm

Just unlocked the Gorgon! Considering her poison and physical resist, I think she might be pretty good at Naga City herself.

Beat it with a Halfling Paladin, scumming for Glowing Guardian and Pactmaker (Body Pact). I didn't find an Agnostic's Collar and just barely squeezed it out at the end.
gjaustin

Postby The Avatar on Mon Dec 19, 2011 11:25 pm

It seems naga city is beatable with about 6 classes. Wow, that's more than The Avatar...
We made an expansion and it is awesome. Really, you should check it out, especially if you're looking for some extra challenge.

The Avatar

Postby gjaustin on Tue Dec 20, 2011 12:18 am

gjaustin

Postby The Avatar on Tue Dec 20, 2011 1:26 am

Possible with a JJ wizard using HALPMEH.

The Avatar

Postby Darvin on Thu Dec 22, 2011 12:09 am

A Halfling Priest with a Trisword and a sufficient way to rack up resists could probably handle it too...

Really, given how overpowered the Jehora/Gnome combo is in the current build I'd say it might be feasible with fighter if you got really lucky with shops/alters.
Darvin

Postby The Avatar on Thu Dec 22, 2011 12:29 am

If he can do it, everyone can.

The Avatar

Postby Darvin on Thu Dec 22, 2011 3:37 am

I'd actually say Berserkers have it worse since this level is really punishing them for their poor spellcasting abilities and there aren't enough alternate resources to get them through ten bosses. The monster classes also are going to have trouble; Vampire effectively has no way to beat Bleaty or regenerate mana/health between boss fights, Half-Dragon is utterly hopeless against magic resist in the current version, although the Gorgon might be able to pull it off on a longshot.

But yeah, because of Bleaty's presence you will be scumming for CYDSTEPP, and reaching level 10 is a forgone conclusion, so the fighter effectively has no class features going into the arena. If he can prevail, then anyone without a crippling weakness can as well.
Darvin

Postby The Avatar on Thu Dec 22, 2011 4:35 am

For got about berserkers...

Vampires is a suicide wish. Do you get full knockback percentage if you smash them into an enemy? Anyways, once their knockback is physical, they could have a very decent shot at this.

The Avatar

Postby Darvin on Thu Dec 22, 2011 6:53 am

I believe the knockback damage is divided between the two enemies you smack into each other. Half-dragons should be a doable class once things are patched. Throw some resistances on them, get the HALPMEH glyph, and really your only issue is which bosses spawn in the same set as Ironman and Bleaty.
Darvin

PreviousNext

Return to Desktop Dungeons