[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 120: preg_filter(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 120: preg_filter(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
QCF Design Community • View topic - Tri-Swords and Berserker Blades...

Tri-Swords and Berserker Blades...

All things Desktop Dungeons

Tri-Swords and Berserker Blades...

Postby The Avatar on Sun Dec 18, 2011 10:12 pm

These 2 weapons need to change. Tri-sword is horrendously overpowered as a halfling, and not nearly as effective for everyone else and berserker blade is pretty useless overall. (Although one kinissch-killing rogue did enjoy its +50% bonus)

For the Tri-Sword, let's go back to its original concept: How are you holding this?! I suggest +1 base damage, per level, per open inventory slot, capping at +3 per level.

For the berserker blade, I really can't see mana potions sending you insane. How about something like use to go berserk (+100%) for one attack. Upon regaining your senses, you lose 10% attack boost. Or something else using the berserk concept. Next hit after leveling sends you berserk? Or, since berserkers hate magic, converting a glyph sends you berserk. As the devs posted, they want items to have interesting desicions in them, not be no-brainers. You could choose to save your conversions till the boss and go crazy, or take the bonuses early.

I dunno, they're just a few suggestions...
We made an expansion and it is awesome. Really, you should check it out, especially if you're looking for some extra challenge.

Download over at ddmod.weebly.com!
The Avatar

Re: Tri-Swords and Berserker Blades...

Postby Gorgon on Sun Dec 18, 2011 10:58 pm

I've already given my suggestion for Wurrlgarbl. Gets 10% damage bonus per mana potion, but caps at 40%.
Gorgon

Postby q 3 on Sun Dec 18, 2011 11:12 pm

Tri-Sword goes back to a fixed +26 base damage, but only when your inventory is empty. While in your inventory, it prevents normal health regeneration.

Each time you level up, Whurrgarbl grants +2 base damage and +10% bonus damage, but also reduces max HP by 5 and max MP by 1.
q 3

Postby Lujo on Mon Dec 19, 2011 1:07 am

I almost got pwned by Shifty Brickwork!
Lujo

Postby The Avatar on Mon Dec 19, 2011 1:47 am

You need them. I get feeling parched all the time, it comes with experience. Heck, I even got it fighting The Avatar in this most recent patch. Believe me, when I first started playing I almost always went through all of them. Then I started using mid-fight level ups, and when you're in a medium dungeon, that usually guarantees feeling parched unless you're a potion reliant character. Also, some combos, like paladin, dragon shield, and GG, can get you feeling parched super easily mid-fight level up or not.

And on the topic of the old Tri-Sword, that would be CHEAP for rogues! First kill is level 5, then convert it and grab CYDSTEPP and it's game over. I basically put up a scaling version that's less extreme.
We made an expansion and it is awesome. Really, you should check it out, especially if you're looking for some extra challenge.

The Avatar

Postby q 3 on Mon Dec 19, 2011 2:40 am

q 3

Postby The Avatar on Mon Dec 19, 2011 2:57 am

I guess, but the problem still is it doesn't scale. At later levels, it really won't be that good. It will be level 1 to level, then convert it.

The Avatar

Postby jjflash on Fri Dec 23, 2011 4:57 pm

will someone tell me why they cant go back to the original versions?
i...cannot...die...
regards,
The Indomitable
jjflash

Postby Gorgon on Fri Dec 23, 2011 5:03 pm

I don't know about Wurrgarbl, but tri-sword was a no-brainer. It could give you 27 base damage at lvl 10, more than an orc can get with 720 CP.
Gorgon

Postby The Avatar on Fri Dec 23, 2011 9:08 pm

Whurgaburgl was also a no-brainer. Why would you not kill monsters?

The Avatar

Next

Return to Desktop Dungeons