Troubling Times pt 2

All things Desktop Dungeons

Troubling Times pt 2

Postby GoatBot on Fri Dec 23, 2011 12:15 pm

GoatBot

Re: Troubling Times pt 2

Postby Gorgon on Fri Dec 23, 2011 4:29 pm

Lemmisi is slightly better now.

Vampires still depend on Dracul, but at least they are better :)

No changes to gods? I've been waiting for a change to Mystera for such a long time :(

I don't know how I feel about transmuters, I need to test them.
Gorgon

Postby dislekcia on Fri Dec 23, 2011 4:33 pm

Transmuters are probably still pretty OP, this is us trying to see what axes Transmuters can still be tweaked on.
dislekcia

Postby Gorgon on Fri Dec 23, 2011 5:12 pm

BlahBlah and The indomitable in one dungeon? I can barely defeat the Indomitable alone...

There should be some kind of reward for beating that, like a new monster class (Animated Armor).
Gorgon

Postby Egglet on Fri Dec 23, 2011 5:42 pm

"Slime Pit has slightly less meat in it"

Fuck that. That was a monks ONLY CHANCE at beating the damn thing. Why would they take one of the hardest, and easily the most skewed dungeon in terms of relative difficulty, and make it HARDER? So stupid.
Egglet

Postby TigerKnee on Fri Dec 23, 2011 6:16 pm

Man, why do these things always get released at 2am for me? Oh well.
TigerKnee

Postby Gorgon on Fri Dec 23, 2011 6:22 pm

I beat slime pits with an orc monk + sensation stone + earthmother, and it wasn't even that hard (I had to use only one potion). Just spam IMAWAL on the corrosive/defense lowering blobs to level up quickly (using goo blobs and meat men) and use EM's greenblood/vine form. I had to get 68% physical resist with the tower shield and patches, too. I think I bought a viper ward, but I didn't need it (I killed Super Meat Man before he became poisonous), but it was useful for killing some meat men before fighting Tower of Goo.
Gorgon

Postby gjaustin on Fri Dec 23, 2011 6:40 pm

Yay for the Gorgon and Half-dragon changes. They were exactly what I was hoping for.

I like the Vampire change as well.
gjaustin

Postby Darvin on Fri Dec 23, 2011 7:42 pm

Problem with Slime Pits, and there are a couple levels like this, is that every monster type with the exception of one is absolutely nasty and cannot be used as level-up fodder. In Slime Pits, that monster is the Meat Man. This makes the level far more luck-based. Don't find appropriately-leveled meatmen in early exploration? Restart, because you're going to expend too many tiles seeking them out.

Keep in mind guys that Slime Pits is a hard level, not a vicious level. It should be readily beatable to a veteran packing good preparations. As far as hard levels go, it's actually one of the tougher of the pack. I'd say Magma Mines is probably the only hard level that's more difficult (notwithstanding any changes that have been made this version).

Speaking of "hard" levels, if you keep decreasing the difficulty of Rock Garden you should probably knock it down to "normal" difficulty. Currently if you can find Binlor early in exploration, Rock Garden is one of the easiest levels on the board, and with proper preparations it's not particularly difficult even without Binlor. Now you're adding item drops to the plants? I'll have to play it, but if this is a substantial reduction in difficulty I'm going to advise reclassifying it as "normal" difficulty.
Darvin

Postby q 3 on Fri Dec 23, 2011 7:59 pm

Kind of a weird change for Transmuters - it also applies when a wall is destroyed via knockback, which I suppose is necessary for consistency, but it also nerfs some of their more interesting strategies.
q 3

Next

Return to Desktop Dungeons