[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 120: preg_filter(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 120: preg_filter(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
QCF Design Community • View topic - Troubling Times pt 2

Troubling Times pt 2

All things Desktop Dungeons

Re: Troubling Times pt 2

Postby The Avatar on Tue Jan 03, 2012 10:16 pm

Wow. I only have 1 win on Gaan-Telet, and I haven't even tried it very much. Perhaps I should start. All you people are beating it 5-6 times, or whatever...
We made an expansion and it is awesome. Really, you should check it out, especially if you're looking for some extra challenge.

Download over at ddmod.weebly.com!
The Avatar

Postby Lujo on Wed Jan 04, 2012 12:13 pm

Yeah, subanark is pacticaly using it to have a steady source of Goat Horns. I only do "experimental" runs, only i have only the assassin one left. And it's not much of an experiment as high resists are officially proven to be a broken mechanic. And I don't feel like blowing my life on vampire runs...
I almost got pwned by Shifty Brickwork!
Lujo

Postby The Avatar on Wed Jan 04, 2012 12:16 pm

Yeah, I tried one for the heck of it, but then I realized he can't raise his resist and left.
We made an expansion and it is awesome. Really, you should check it out, especially if you're looking for some extra challenge.

The Avatar

Postby gjaustin on Wed Jan 04, 2012 7:00 pm

gjaustin

Postby q 3 on Wed Jan 04, 2012 7:15 pm

It shouldn't be too hard to get enough lifesteal to turn Horatio into a drinking fountain of blood; the problem for Vampires, I think, is getting to him in the first place. Lifesteal isn't much help against the goo blobs or warlocks.
q 3

Postby The Avatar on Wed Jan 04, 2012 9:24 pm

Yup, that's what I realized. Between blood drinking, life draining, and smashing altars, 75 lifesteal is possible with converting and Drac.

I won as a monk if that means anything to anyone. I even got Warmonger. Any suggestions for the second easiest? Rogue? Paladin? I want to get 3 wins so if they introduce a monster class for Gaan-Teket (Changeling?) than I won't ever have to do this dungeon again.

The Avatar

Postby Lujo on Thu Jan 05, 2012 2:15 am

Somebody was swearing by Paladin, although i'm not entirely convinced. You start with HALPMEH, but that only reduces scumming, and monotheism isn't really what you're looking for in Gaan'Telet IMO.

A max resist helpmeth rogue is probably easy, but I'd say the tinker could be hilarously easy, based solely on free compressions scrolls (you wouldn't believe how cramped that inventory gets, and you need Dragon Shield and RBS for anyone except monk, as well as Taurogs junk).

In the same vein, the wizard was stupidly easy for me, with small glyphs you can use the inventory slot reserved for HALPMEH to stick in glyhs you'd normaly convert on the spot, as well as poison ward, soul orb and whatever you compress.
Lujo

Postby gjaustin on Thu Jan 05, 2012 2:31 am

gjaustin

Postby The Avatar on Thu Jan 05, 2012 2:43 am

Wow. Anyways, I'm gonna do a rogue. I got the boss down to 306 hp before dying. Just two lucky dodges and I would have one. Also, I had to desecrate EM and take a hit of blood tithe, which killed my game. In retrospect, 2 blood tithes would have been better...

The Avatar

Postby Lujo on Thu Jan 05, 2012 4:47 pm

Yeah, i did 2 blood tithes on a fighter to swap out of Dracul to EM, used all I could with her to get some vine forms (3 i tihink), and later used pactmaker to swap to mysteria, and then her halpmeh piety to go back to dracul when it turned out i'd need a bloodswell. Not sure how it works with rogue and his low HP, but EM's penalty is definitely costlier than a blood tithe in Gaan'Telet.
Lujo

PreviousNext

Return to Desktop Dungeons