[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 120: preg_filter(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
QCF Design Community • View topic - Troubling Times pt 2

Troubling Times pt 2

All things Desktop Dungeons

Re: Troubling Times pt 2

Postby Gorgon on Fri Dec 23, 2011 9:04 pm

The plants in the Rock Garden drop spoons! Pretty silly.
Gorgon

Postby The Avatar on Fri Dec 23, 2011 9:12 pm

Hilarious! That actually could be rather powerful for a rogue...
We made an expansion and it is awesome. Really, you should check it out, especially if you're looking for some extra challenge.

Download over at ddmod.weebly.com!
The Avatar

Postby Crawly McCrawlsa on Fri Dec 23, 2011 11:50 pm

Rogue + Cydstepp + 25 spoons. gg :D
I play everything in every genre. Send me a message!
Dear DD Designers, you're awesome. TY!
steam name: bobbywojo (BrbHouseOnFire)
Crawly McCrawlsa

Postby The Avatar on Sat Dec 24, 2011 4:17 am

Is it possible to lose? Anyways, are the new Getandafix and BlahBlah too hard for new players? I haven't tried them. What is the dungeon progression in the east? Is the Vicious crypt necessary to beat? Does it go from the Indomitable to Namtar?

Last thing, how are people doing in the new halls of steel? I got crushed by the Vicious version...
We made an expansion and it is awesome. Really, you should check it out, especially if you're looking for some extra challenge.

The Avatar

Postby Darvin on Sat Dec 24, 2011 4:30 am

New Getandafix only spawns mana-burn plants, which means the danger he presents is significantly less. The fact that he no longer spawns resist-down plants and barbing bushes means a berserker should cleave through him like a hot knife through butter and be largely unaffected by his antics. Overall the Western Jungle was the easiest of the "normal" difficulty dungeons in the game, so a stronger boss is perfectly reasonable.

I'd still say any normal difficulty dungeon where Bleaty spawns is the most egregious balance issue in that regard. I really don't know why Rock Garden is still getting attention; it's an interesting and well-rounded level (imo a little easiest than Grimm's Grotto) and I don't see why it's getting more work.
Darvin

Postby The Avatar on Sat Dec 24, 2011 5:04 am

Bleaty just needs to change in general. He's way to imbalanced for a boss. With no way to tank his damage (usually) it's CYDSTEPP or lower resist and fireball. He needs a rework.

The Avatar

Postby TigerKnee on Sat Dec 24, 2011 6:32 am

Why not revert goat boss back to his alpha stats?

He still killed chars who aren't monks in one hit, that's his entire gimmick pretty much.

The difference is that his HP and magic resist are low enough that only completely combat-wombats who worship Taurog won't be able to beat him. Everyone else can do it if they didn't prematurely convert their Fireball glyphs or something.
TigerKnee

Postby q 3 on Sat Dec 24, 2011 7:04 am

Vampire's exhaustion does not activate when you are at full HP, then increase max HP without healing (e.g. via a conversion).

Combat prediction is still wrong when you have both death protection and lifesteal - showing "victory" when you'll actually lose your death protection with the next hit.
q 3

Postby Darvin on Sat Dec 24, 2011 9:41 am

Darvin

Postby mtomato on Sat Dec 24, 2011 10:11 am

So Rock Garden was made even easier?
I could already clear it with a purist Fighter without worshiping a god.

Edit: I certainly didn't think through what I was saying.
What I meant that I think it was already too easy for me to consider hard.
Making it easier... well, makes me think it should be labeled normal rather than hard.
I now find Western Jungle harder than both Rock Garden and Havendale Bridge.
Last edited by mtomato on Sat Dec 24, 2011 5:00 pm, edited 4 times in total.
mtomato

PreviousNext

Return to Desktop Dungeons