[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 120: preg_filter(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 120: preg_filter(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
QCF Design Community • View topic - Easiest/Hardest monsters?

Easiest/Hardest monsters?

All things Desktop Dungeons

Re: Easiest/Hardest monsters?

Postby TigerKnee on Sat Dec 24, 2011 6:01 pm

With the removal of Paladin's Holy Work, undead status mostly means "Can't be poisoned", since Priests aren't that great a class.

An anti-undead glyph maybe? It's a common fantasy trope after all.

Edit: Remove Wonafyt and add an anti-undead glyph! Half effectiveness on living monsters because we don't want it to be completely worthless on non-undead stages.
TigerKnee

Postby The Avatar on Sat Dec 24, 2011 6:22 pm

HOLIWURD: Stun undead, reducing resistances to 0 and stopping them from retaliating, until you regenerate or attack. 6 mana. Reduces normal monsters resist by 25 until attack or regenerate.
Last edited by The Avatar on Sat Dec 24, 2011 6:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
We made an expansion and it is awesome. Really, you should check it out, especially if you're looking for some extra challenge.

Download over at ddmod.weebly.com!
The Avatar

Postby q 3 on Sat Dec 24, 2011 6:23 pm

It could be interesting if Zombies had a "Rotting" status that gave them corrosion every time you struck them. Or that could just be another part of the Undead status, although that would be more difficult to balance.
q 3

Postby Lujo on Sat Dec 24, 2011 6:33 pm

I have a couple of idea's, i'm going to make a thread about it, but an anti-undead glyph would be quite nice (with different bennefits for non undead is something I like). I'd still like to have a small item with benefits against undead, or a "Holy water" DMG potion (or a bucket of them), just because there is design space. If there was such a potion, it could be a Holy Building prep, or even a lvl 1 whitch prep and the fortitude and burn salve potions bundled into one "cure all salve" (which could fix the lvl 1 whitch potions suck issue, while we're at it).

I whish they implement somthing out of this, a lot of this stuff has been nagging me for a while.

What about animated armors?
I almost got pwned by Shifty Brickwork!
Lujo

Postby Darvin on Sat Dec 24, 2011 6:55 pm

Darvin

Postby The Avatar on Sat Dec 24, 2011 7:27 pm

Especially as a Bloodmage. Isn't their damage percentage like 150-200%?
We made an expansion and it is awesome. Really, you should check it out, especially if you're looking for some extra challenge.

The Avatar

Postby Darvin on Sat Dec 24, 2011 8:57 pm

Something crazy like that, yes. On levels like Dragon Isles a 0% resist character cannot even survive a single attack from an equal-level animated armor.

The best way to knock out death protection is PISORF, and anyone who can get both PISORF and either BLUDTUPOWA or the Rock Heart will be well-equipped to take down animated armors. Certainly won't be easy, but at least it will be doable with the right characters.
Darvin

Postby The Avatar on Sat Dec 24, 2011 9:32 pm

Their damage percent should be 50-70% at most. Any more, and it's impossible for physical characters...

The Avatar

Postby Lujo on Sat Dec 24, 2011 10:04 pm

I almost got pwned by Shifty Brickwork!
Lujo

Postby Darvin on Sat Dec 24, 2011 10:19 pm

They tend to appear in a lot of the late-game vicious dungeons, so if that's what you're playing then yeah you'll see them a lot. The Vanishing Oasis just go retired, so that's one fewer level where they appear.
Darvin

PreviousNext

Return to Desktop Dungeons