[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 120: preg_filter(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 120: preg_filter(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
QCF Design Community • View topic - Explorer's Guild

Explorer's Guild

All things Desktop Dungeons

Explorer's Guild

Postby angeredtsuzuki on Tue Dec 27, 2011 1:32 am

I'm having troubles completing some of these puzzles. I've done the first and third, but the others are difficult. Any tips? Thanks. Great game by the way!
angeredtsuzuki

Re: Explorer's Guild

Postby Darvin on Tue Dec 27, 2011 9:45 pm

I presume we're talking about "Starter Pack" and not "Soko Trolls"

Here are hints and (hidden) solutions for levels 2, 4, and 5 (highlight the text to see it)

Level 2
Hint: Alternate your attacks between the Warlock and Vampire
Solution: Attack the Vampire, attack the Warlock, use your potion, kill the vampire, kill the warlock, kill the meat man, kill the zombie, victory

Level 4
Hint: You've got plenty of PISORF power, but very limited health; figure out who you will need to attack and who you can be dealt with only by blasting them into walls.
Solution: PISORF the goat, attack the goat, grab WEYTWUT, swap places with the zombie, convert WEYTWUT, PISORF the goat twice to kill it, PISORF the second goat twice to kill it, PISORF and attack each goblin once, now kill the level 2 goblin with melee attacks, victory

Level 5
Hint: Petrify weaker enemies, fight stronger enemies
Solution: Petrify the goo blob, kill the gorgon, petrify the the goo blob, kill the gorgon, petrify the zombie, convert IMAWAL, kill the meat man, kill the dragon, victory
Darvin

Postby angeredtsuzuki on Fri Dec 30, 2011 6:32 pm

Awesome, thanks for the help!
angeredtsuzuki

Postby wickermoon on Tue Apr 03, 2012 12:46 pm

Hey,

I'm also having difficulties with the Explorer's Guild Starter Pack. I already tried alternating between the vampire and warlock, killing both of after the health potion. But with the remaining HP (3) I get killed by the Meat Man. Were there changes to those monsters that would make this challenge impossible to overcome?
wickermoon

Postby wickermoon on Tue Apr 03, 2012 12:47 pm

*double post due to nescience*
Last edited by wickermoon on Wed Apr 04, 2012 12:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
wickermoon

Postby wickermoon on Tue Apr 03, 2012 6:59 pm

Could it be that both, enemy matching and Experience are bugged due to recent changes to character classes / monsters?
wickermoon

Postby dislekcia on Wed Apr 04, 2012 12:35 pm

dislekcia

Postby dannyjerome0 on Wed Apr 04, 2012 3:27 pm

dannyjerome0

Postby Darvin on Wed Apr 04, 2012 6:05 pm

Darvin

Return to Desktop Dungeons