[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 120: preg_filter(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 120: preg_filter(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
QCF Design Community • View topic - Here be Dragons

Here be Dragons

All things Desktop Dungeons

Re: Here be Dragons

Postby The Avatar on Wed Jan 11, 2012 11:42 pm

Beating Bank 3, and then a basic dungeon. (Venture Cave, Den of Danger, etc.)

Nice on a TT Paladin. This Vicious really aren't as hard as people think...
We made an expansion and it is awesome. Really, you should check it out, especially if you're looking for some extra challenge.

Download over at ddmod.weebly.com!
The Avatar

Postby Lujo on Thu Jan 12, 2012 12:27 am

I almost got pwned by Shifty Brickwork!
Lujo

Postby gjaustin on Thu Jan 12, 2012 1:33 am

Tikki-Tooki used to be my favorite diety, until I started delving into the Vicious dungeons. I know that when I started taking GG more I started doing a lot better on dungeons. GG has the steepest learning curve of any diety (in that he has one), so it might just be that your tendency to pass him over means you have less practice figuring out how to use him.

Tikki-Tooki's problem is that he hates both of the key strategies to beating Vicious dungeons. He hates massive resists since that involves taking a lot of hits from the same boss. And he hates Death Protection even more.

So you end up having to convert out of him, just like you have to convert out of Glowing Guardian. Except you leave Tikki-Tooki with Poison and 10% dodge. You leave Glowing Guardian with 5 base damage, 30ish health, 10% resist, and extra conversion points.

Paladin renders the issue of converting out moot, but monotheism makes GG so powerful that I can only think of one situation where a Paladin would have a better choice. I think that when fighting a lot of magic damage enemies, Taurog + Pactmaker is the way to go. You'll easily be able to max out magic resist with Body Pact, as well as get an abundance of Death Protections.

All that said, converting from GG to TT (obviously not as a Paladin) is hilariously powerful!
gjaustin

Postby ironicmuffin on Thu Jan 12, 2012 2:53 am

ironicmuffin

Postby The Avatar on Thu Jan 12, 2012 2:54 am

And if you have the cash to grab poison dodge and convert out it's game over.
We made an expansion and it is awesome. Really, you should check it out, especially if you're looking for some extra challenge.

The Avatar

Postby Lagmalix on Mon Jul 09, 2012 9:43 pm

By now I have completed the map with all but the 2 classes: a Gorgon and a Monk. Any tips?

Gorgon - God, I feel like I was very close a few times but the Death Gaze has screwed me over every freaking time since I have to save ENDISWAL to even get to the boss. The dragons have mana burn, which forces me to save potions and with such a small mana pool 1 potion isn't enough to cast even 1 ENDISWAL. I tried ENDISWAL + WEYTWUT trick but guess what, last 2 dragons + Marton have 50% magic resistance and, lucky me, I run out of potions and got stuck while trying to teleport them. Seriously, this class needs to be tweaked.

Monk - Well I really think he is fine the way he is but this map is his Achilles' heel. You can't explore it too efficiently and he has a hard time dealing with anyone but Zombies (Druids, Dragons - magic dmg, Snakes - poison, Trolls - double reg) and we all know that they are already one of the toughest monsters.

Edit:
I guess with Monk you have to scum for WEYTWUT + binor combo.
Last edited by Lagmalix on Mon Jul 09, 2012 10:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Lagmalix

Postby Darvin on Mon Jul 09, 2012 9:55 pm

A superb example of "then and now". Congrats on your progress.
Darvin

Postby Lagmalix on Mon Jul 09, 2012 10:11 pm

Thanks but I would really appreciate some tips :mrgreen: . I guess it's hard at this point to give a decent start I haven't thought about but just posting here has helped me already come up with Binor+WEYTWUT. Still, mby someone has a better idea? I wanted to BLUDTUPOWA and fireball the Marton to death with a Monk but the Evil Overlord Nandrew has destroyed my plans :cry:
Lagmalix

Postby The Avatar on Tue Jul 10, 2012 1:56 am

Your best bet, although not all pieces are necessary, would be Binlor into Taurog with Pactmaker for Body Pact. Prep a Dragon Shield and hope for Elven Boots. Of course, you could use Drac or GG instead of Taurog, but you'll get less out of Body Pact (then again, blood swells and Protections are better than Unstoppable Fury for monks, so who knows...)

The Avatar

Postby Lagmalix on Tue Jul 10, 2012 10:18 am

Was so close to lock a win with a monk but desecrated Taurog instead of JJ which was a crucial mistake ;/.

Dragon Shield you say? That's an old approach I actually haven't tried because it's so hard to get rid of the curse stack. Do you have any success with it cause I feel like I won't have enough popcorn to do it? I just go with the Trisword and think it's hard but beatable with WEYTWUT and ENDISWAL/LEMMIS.
Lagmalix

PreviousNext

Return to Desktop Dungeons