[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 120: preg_filter(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
QCF Design Community • View topic - Here be Dragons

Here be Dragons

All things Desktop Dungeons

Here be Dragons

Postby Lagmalix on Sun Jan 08, 2012 6:26 pm

Hello,
I have unlocked most of the contet by now, which means I have Bazaar lvl 3, Witch lvl 2, all races, gods, all explorer classes etc. Had no problems so far with any dungeons, the dragons are my first vicious one and I'm stuck. The map layout is really unfriendly, my best attempt was with orc monk (dwarven gauntlet) serving Taurog. I got to the boss with just 1 hp potion lost (probably 3-4 total), strenght potion, still few tiles unexplored and like 3-5 death protection (100 piety + fodder enemies waiting + pact maker). Things that could have been better: no elite items at shops, only got +4 dmg sword out of it, bought out the rest and converted for attack bonus, still I was serving Taurog so doesn't matter that much, and I had no fortitude tonic prepared. With this run I got the boss down to ~300 hp. So, any tips for 3 best classes?

I guess I need HELPME glyph to do the job? Paladin + Dracul, would that work?
Lagmalix

Re: Here be Dragons

Postby Gorgon on Mon Jan 09, 2012 3:46 pm

I completed the quest with dwarf berserker with Taurog, orc monk + sensation stone + conversion seal with Taurog and gnome warlord with Jehora Jeheyu, but it's also possible with the assassin and rogue (with a lot of scumming).

The best class for this is the berserker, because of his magic resistance. Save your potions for the Matron, you can regen-fight the first boss. Take the smuggler den preparation for extra exploration space. If you can find the viper ward, it's even better.

With the monk, try to get 75% magic resistance (with Taurog + elven boots or Taurog + Patches).
Gorgon

Postby Lagmalix on Mon Jan 09, 2012 4:39 pm

Thank you for your help.

Dwarf berserker also with the stone + conversion?

Anyway, will give it a try.
Lagmalix

Postby gjaustin on Mon Jan 09, 2012 4:47 pm

Dwarf Berserker should probably go with Trisword. You won't get a lot out of it, but there aren't many better choices. Elven Boots aren't a bad choice either.

Halfling Thief with a Trisword also works fairly well for this level.
gjaustin

Postby Lagmalix on Mon Jan 09, 2012 5:01 pm

I don't really like the item cause I almost always save potions for the boss (which I guess is a right thing to do), which means the item is usless almost the entire run and to make things worse it uses one slot...

Fun fact: I have joined the beta very recently but have played a lot of alpha so first dungeons were a breeze, didn't even bother with the easy ones (and you have to play one of them to unlock the Trisword). I also browsed the forum a bit and saw everyone posting how imba the Trisword is and I was scratching my head because due to this image:

I thought it was literally those 3 swords :D. Btw, what were the stats before nerf?
Lagmalix

Postby Gorgon on Mon Jan 09, 2012 6:00 pm

It was +3 base damage per lvl up before the nerf. At lvl 10 you would have 77 base damage instead of just 50.
Gorgon

Postby TigerKnee on Mon Jan 09, 2012 6:03 pm

Saving potions for the boss is usually the optimal move yes, but with the Tri-Sword, you can think of your health potions as doubling as exp potions, in a sense (because you should be killing high level monsters while using your potion)
TigerKnee

Postby gjaustin on Mon Jan 09, 2012 6:18 pm

Or you can still save them for the boss, but just have your power very quickly rise as you fight him.

Using 1 or 2 early to kill a much higher monster is very nice as well.
gjaustin

Postby The Avatar on Mon Jan 09, 2012 8:09 pm

Yeah! But for Halfling berserker and others if you don't get a viper ward save some for dragon elites.
We made an expansion and it is awesome. Really, you should check it out, especially if you're looking for some extra challenge.

Download over at ddmod.weebly.com!
The Avatar

Postby gjaustin on Mon Jan 09, 2012 9:32 pm

gjaustin

Next

Return to Desktop Dungeons