[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 120: preg_filter(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
QCF Design Community • View topic - Rock Garden, Ick Swamp, and Grimm's Grotto

Rock Garden, Ick Swamp, and Grimm's Grotto

All things Desktop Dungeons

Re: Rock Garden, Ick Swamp, and Grimm's Grotto

Postby gjaustin on Thu Jan 12, 2012 8:41 pm

gjaustin

Postby Darvin on Thu Jan 12, 2012 9:42 pm

True, but this case is egregious because without the high-end preparations, a Mystera-bomb Assassin is the best approach to beating Creeplight Ruins, and this strategy makes "unstoppable" a forgone conclusion.
Darvin

Postby Fran on Thu Jan 12, 2012 9:58 pm

If you're a veteran, yes. But there are also new players and i highly doubt they'd come up with something like that at the time, at least i didn't.
Moreover, how should you know that this strategy works good when you never played the dungeon before?

Was happy when i beat the dungeon with a class i like visually and some preperations.
Fran

Postby gjaustin on Thu Jan 12, 2012 10:02 pm

Huh, I've never had any problems with Creeplight Ruins. Sure, I failed the first few times while I figured out the Cultists, but after that it really wasn't a problem.

Personally, I'd rather do it as one of the top tier classes.
gjaustin

Postby Darvin on Thu Jan 12, 2012 10:43 pm

On Creeplight Ruins (especially with only three deities unlocked so there's no scumming for Mystera), the assassin is a top-tier class. Sure, assassin isn't great for vicious levels, but he's top-notch for clearing out normal and hard difficulty dungeons. Honestly, for beginners this level is a real brick wall of difficulty, so I suspect the wiki page will get a lot of hits from people looking for strategies. The most reliable, straightforward strategy for this level is the Mystera-bomb assassin. Heck, I got a terrible layout and found Mystera very late in the game so I was only able to build up 60 piety for my mana leak, still had no troubles.

Keep in mind I'm hitting the eastern lands early. I haven't even unlocked all the classes yet, nor do I have access to the RBS, and my only decent locker item is the Trisword.
Darvin

Postby Lujo on Tue Jan 17, 2012 12:20 pm

I've done it before as assasin without the mysteria bomb, it probably IS the best class for the job. However I was always handy with Assassin from Alpha times, I'm not sure if a casual / newbie would figure out that taking a poisoner into an undead level is the way to go.

Same thing goes for most of the western "undead" dungeons, especially halls of steel - with all the animated armors, illusions and crap, a pre buff goblin assassin was my go to class there.
I almost got pwned by Shifty Brickwork!
Lujo

Postby The Avatar on Tue Jan 17, 2012 12:55 pm

Especially since you can poison the Indomitable.
We made an expansion and it is awesome. Really, you should check it out, especially if you're looking for some extra challenge.

Download over at ddmod.weebly.com!
The Avatar

Previous

Return to Desktop Dungeons