Preperation changes

All things Desktop Dungeons

Preperation changes

Postby Fran on Thu Jan 12, 2012 10:06 pm

A thread for suggestions regarding more useful preperations as many are never used.

I suggest to have a preperation where you can influence the altars in a similiar way to glyphs.
Some way to reduce scumming without taking too much randomness away, so you're not punished for unlocking something you won't use on a regular basis anyway.
Something like assigning three gods to a preparation and when using it, it is guaranted that one altar of this group is spawned, something like that.
Fran

Re: Preperation changes

Postby gjaustin on Thu Jan 12, 2012 10:16 pm

Fran wrote:A thread for suggestions regarding more useful preperations as many are never used.

I suggest to have a preperation where you can influence the altars in a similiar way to glyphs.
Some way to reduce scumming without taking too much randomness away, so you're not punished for unlocking something you won't use on a regular basis anyway.
Something like assigning three gods to a preparation and when using it, it is guaranted that one altar of this group is spawned, something like that.

I had made a similar suggestion regarding shop items a few weeks ago.

I was thinking you would be able to blacklist certain items such that they never (or less frequently appeared). Letting you blacklist one or two deities might be an interesting feature. I could stop wasting Altar slots on Mystera!
gjaustin

Postby Fran on Thu Jan 12, 2012 10:23 pm

gjaustin wrote:I had made a similar suggestion regarding shop items a few weeks ago.

I was thinking you would be able to blacklist certain items such that they never (or less frequently appeared). Letting you blacklist one or two deities might be an interesting feature. I could stop wasting Altar slots on Mystera!

I thought about that too, but i think there are problems with the interface in choosing the deity.
Also, supposing the deities get changes such that they are equally useful in different situations, i think it's better to have a way to increase your chances on getting one you need than to forbid one that isn't suited for the situation anyways (you'd still gamble on the other 8 dietys).

At least there should be something done about that because you shouldn't be better off not unlocking content like mystera.

What was that suggestion regarding shop items about?
Distributing them on groups and having a shop for at least one item in a prepared group?
Fran

Postby gjaustin on Thu Jan 12, 2012 10:48 pm

Nah, the shop suggestion was the blacklist. So you'd pick a couple items (e.g. Martyr Wraps, Witchalok Pendant) that don't like and they'll never appear in shops.
gjaustin

Postby Darvin on Thu Jan 12, 2012 10:51 pm

Well, on the topic of preparations, I'd like to see Heretic and Holy Diver removed. Totally worthless.
Darvin

Postby Fran on Thu Jan 12, 2012 11:19 pm

Darvin wrote:Well, on the topic of preparations, I'd like to see Heretic and Holy Diver removed. Totally worthless.

I agree, but what would you like to see instead?
How about converting for free once?

I'd also like to know what's up with Black market or Lucky Packet, is there any use to it?
Fran

Postby TigerKnee on Fri Jan 13, 2012 2:23 am

I don't remember what Black Market does. Is that the one that gives extra gold per gold pile? It's not great but not bad either. Good "generic" pick if you don't feel like risking patches.

Lucky Packet sucks. It either increases your gold or decrease it. Compared to Patches where he always gurantees a good effect and a bad effect, you'll generally come out worse over time with lucky packet.
TigerKnee

Postby The Avatar on Fri Jan 13, 2012 4:50 am

Yup, never nab lucky packets. Also, the item blacklist would be like an anti-locker right? Buy it, and send it back to Bezar's dimmention.

Free conversion sounds good. Since you'll be saving 25-50 piety it is on par with just taking 25 straight up.

How about just +1 altar as the second replacement? Stacks with Crusader, of course.
JakshdfFiha$#jaigb532i97fbnPKASN*@)sdjbau9a0)f+,Ahghs*hr)sk_sabdh^ujsbUA3{mvio/~dgffdsT^klndf,#ikon%(d

I speak chaos.
The Avatar

Postby Darvin on Fri Jan 13, 2012 7:11 am

Free conversion sounds good. Since you'll be saving 25-50 piety it is on par with just taking 25 straight up.

Even better. Pretty much anyone who grabs GG at a low level can hit 100 piety with him and get Enlightenment. The problem is then getting out to use your potions. This prep solves that problem. On the other hand, you could use a piety farm like Taurog to gain 100 piety then convert into a more restrictive religion at no loss. Too powerful, I'd say.

How about just +1 altar as the second replacement? Stacks with Crusader, of course.

That'd be quite nice. Very competitive with +25 piety... especially with an agnostic collar :lol:
Darvin

Postby The Avatar on Fri Jan 13, 2012 12:16 pm

Hmm.. perhaps half conversion loss.
JakshdfFiha$#jaigb532i97fbnPKASN*@)sdjbau9a0)f+,Ahghs*hr)sk_sabdh^ujsbUA3{mvio/~dgffdsT^klndf,#ikon%(d

I speak chaos.
The Avatar

Next

Return to Desktop Dungeons