[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 120: preg_filter(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
QCF Design Community • View topic - Welcome back!

Welcome back!

All things Desktop Dungeons

Welcome back!

Postby GoatBot on Fri Jan 13, 2012 1:13 pm

Discussion - Welcome back!
GoatBot

Re: Welcome back!

Postby ironicmuffin on Fri Jan 13, 2012 5:24 pm

Sounds great! Diving in right now.
ironicmuffin

Postby Gorgon on Fri Jan 13, 2012 5:37 pm

Finally, a better goblin :D

I wonder, now that WONAFYT gives a slow effect, does WEYTWUT still slow enemies?

EDIT: The change to goblins was really small, but I think this new "Healing at lvl 10" effect will make them a better race.
Gorgon

Postby harfatum on Fri Jan 13, 2012 6:37 pm

I liked the Goomba Goblins! Other than that, this looks pretty great :D
Have a mug of tea.
harfatum

Postby gjaustin on Fri Jan 13, 2012 7:00 pm

Nice, looking forward to giving this a try.
gjaustin

Postby Darvin on Fri Jan 13, 2012 7:13 pm

Glad to see goblins are getting their time to shine.

Not so sure about WONAFYT; slow effect only lasts one hit, so it's kinda useless unless you can 1-hit the target, which is rare unless I'm an optimized Rogue or Warlord (which are generally fighting monsters 2-3 levels higher then them). The extra XP granting effect will definitely make WEYTWUT a worthwhile glyph, though, and should also be a huge buff to the Earthmother's entanglement boon.

CYDSTEPP change seems really aimed at the rogue. I think for most classes CYDSTEPP versus HALPMEH was actually favouring HALPMEH last version, so I believe this is an overnerf. It's the rogue who should lose something when not at full health, not CYDSTEPP'ers in general.

Guess I'll trash the file I started a few days ago and start fresh again :-)
Darvin

Postby ironicmuffin on Fri Jan 13, 2012 7:29 pm

I guess we took it down for a while? Only got one round in on my lunch before it died, and I don't think it saved the results. :(

On a side note, I think GG is slightly bugged. I was able to drink mana potions without a piety penalty, but the message still showed up in the piety log each time. This happening to anyone else? I'll log it in the bug thread if so.
ironicmuffin

Postby Gorgon on Fri Jan 13, 2012 7:42 pm

Gorgon

Postby Fran on Fri Jan 13, 2012 7:53 pm

Changes are welcome!
Although i'm stuck now on finding frank. Never appeared in any random game.
Used to be my most wanted trophy in the last version of the taxidermist, so i never got the bonus gold :/

I also like the new art :)
Fran

Postby Darvin on Fri Jan 13, 2012 8:04 pm

Now that he's no longer in the Eastern Tundra, Frank is one of several bosses that has no dungeon where he reliably spawns. The other hard trophies to locate are the Goat Horn, Warlock Beard, and Dragon Scale. If you don't want to venture into the blasted Slime Pits, then you can add the Meatloaf to the list of nasty trophies to locate.

On the opposite end of the specturm, the Wraith cloak is accessible in too many locations. Havensdale Bridge, Creeplight Ruins, and Northern Desert are three separate locations where Wraith bosses will spawn reliably.

Also, it occurs to me that blood tithing away all of your HP and then taking two hits of blood hunger would negate this new penalty to CYDSTEPP. Just smack a monster to restore your paltry 9 HP and you can use CYDSTEPP again. Once again, it seems like Rogues (ahem) sidestep the restrictions.
Last edited by Darvin on Fri Jan 13, 2012 8:10 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Darvin

Next

Return to Desktop Dungeons