[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 120: preg_filter(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 120: preg_filter(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
QCF Design Community • View topic - Welcome back!

Welcome back!

All things Desktop Dungeons

Re: Welcome back!

Postby The Avatar on Sat Jan 14, 2012 3:49 am

Yeah, but the boss is supposed to be level 10. Weird...
We made an expansion and it is awesome. Really, you should check it out, especially if you're looking for some extra challenge.

Download over at ddmod.weebly.com!
The Avatar

Postby subanark on Sat Jan 14, 2012 3:59 am

Hold on... are the other people here doing the same Gaan-Telet. Since it seems like my version has the boss on the first floor as level 8. Pretty much the only way to kill him is by assassination (due to 5000 health). There is an exit to the next floor, but it won't let me enter even after I full clear. The boss also seems to remarked about taking a long journey up.
subanark

Postby gjaustin on Sat Jan 14, 2012 4:02 am

gjaustin

Postby The Avatar on Sat Jan 14, 2012 4:50 am

Wait, but what about the first win? That had a level 10 boss with 999 hp according to whoever won.
We made an expansion and it is awesome. Really, you should check it out, especially if you're looking for some extra challenge.

Download over at ddmod.weebly.com!
The Avatar

Postby q 3 on Sat Jan 14, 2012 4:59 am

I think there are two versions. I have the one floor version with level 8 Horatio on my main profile, and no related quest (having previously beaten the tower several times before the update). One of my alternate profiles used to have the tower unlocked but unbeaten, and now it has the "beat it with no preparations" quest but the dungeon is missing so I guess I'll need to unlock it again. Not really sure what causes it to be one version or the other; perhaps it's whether you've beaten it before the update on that profile.
q 3

Postby gjaustin on Sat Jan 14, 2012 5:19 am

gjaustin

Postby q 3 on Sat Jan 14, 2012 5:26 am

Oh right, I think I did get the old Dark Souls quest. But there's a new different one ("Kill Horatio" or something like that) that isn't showing up on my main profile but is on a nearly equally progressed alternate.

Incidentally, I've started a new profile and haven't noticed any changes up through the first few directional quests (other than the weird new Taxidermist and the tweaks to dungeons). The early quests would be a lot less tedious with arrow key movement...
q 3

Postby Alweth on Sat Jan 14, 2012 6:10 am

My Dragon Isles is missing.

EDIT: I beat a dungeon and it came back.
Were you expecting a coherent message? Alweth does not deal with such trifles. Ignore him or watch the thread get locked!
Alweth

Postby Darvin on Sat Jan 14, 2012 7:11 am

There are apparently two Gaan-Telets. The first one requires you to play purist, has a total of five floors (surface, three randomly selected floors filled with monsters, and then the bottom floor with a much weakened Horatio). The second one is just the top floor with a level 8 Horatio with the old stats, and since there are no deities the only real way to beat him is a swift hands assassin.

I'm actually kinda disappointed hard mode Gaan-Telet disappeared. If you took out the Illusion and Animated Armor levels, it was actually a great scenario and I wouldn't mind replaying it.

The floors I've encountered thus far are these:

3 animated armors and the pactmaker shrine
5 goblin miners (mana burn) and Binlor's shrine
5 goats and Taurog's shrine. After the first goat dies, all the goats get doable damage, turning them into mini-Bleaties.
4 Trolls and the Bridge Troll (Drops a sensation stone! This is a lucky find if you get it!)
several illusions (I just quit the moment I saw it, didn't even scout the level)
5 snakes and a shrine (forget which one)
5 vampires and Dracul's shrine
5 red wraiths and Glowing Guardian's shrine

After getting some combination of a crash, animated armors, or illusions five times in a row (seriously >_<) I finally won with Goats->Goblins->Trolls, grabbing Parched and Faithless. Very luck-based level, but definitely hard and not vicious. I don't think I've ever made it through a vicious level parched...
Darvin

Postby Fran on Sat Jan 14, 2012 8:32 am

On the level with ilusions i found the stone that destroys them instantly... after getting nearly killed by one.
You should've explored it :)
Fran

PreviousNext

Return to Desktop Dungeons