Welcome back!

All things Desktop Dungeons

Re: Welcome back!

Postby Darvin on Sat Jan 14, 2012 8:46 am

>_<

Now I feel like an idiot, since that was my third floor and I was still at full resources. I just saw illusions and said "I'm out".
Darvin

Postby Fran on Sat Jan 14, 2012 8:53 am

I feel like an idiot because i was ranting about the tower yesterday although it's really not that hard, now that i've completed it.
You just don't know how many floors it has beforehand and that you're supposed to retry it until you get a right set of enemies.
Although you still get less money for the trophies after beating it it seems.

Now i get the burning locations on the worldmap as well, wondering what that's about.
Fran

Postby Darvin on Sat Jan 14, 2012 9:34 am

Although you still get less money for the trophies after beating it it seems.

I created a new file to start from scratch. It seems trophies have just dropped in reward across the board. To the point at which it's actually impossible to turn a profit with a heavier preparation load-out. It also makes bet on the boss kinda useless. Before, bet on the boss had a net profit of 300-475 gold. Now it's 100-200 net gold profit, less than half of what is was it was granting before.

Now i get the burning locations on the worldmap as well, wondering what that's about.

I don't know; I've tried visiting these locations but I haven't noticed anything special. In the case of the Rock Garden, all I saw was a third boss, which is apparently what's happening with many of the hard levels.
Darvin

Postby The Avatar on Sat Jan 14, 2012 12:49 pm

Yeah, I saw that on my old profile, before I deleted it. What could that mean?
JakshdfFiha$#jaigb532i97fbnPKASN*@)sdjbau9a0)f+,Ahghs*hr)sk_sabdh^ujsbUA3{mvio/~dgffdsT^klndf,#ikon%(d

I speak chaos.
The Avatar

Postby Gorgon on Sat Jan 14, 2012 1:25 pm

The Illusion floor has an orb of lusory. I assassinated them and got free magic defense :)
Gorgon

Postby Gorgon on Sat Jan 14, 2012 1:45 pm

Horatio dropped a spoon...
Gorgon

Postby The Avatar on Sat Jan 14, 2012 2:40 pm

I hate finding Frank. I had to win Naga City just to get that stupid Zombie Brain. On a happy note, I beat Naga City in one try as a monk without anything special (Like Agnostics Collar). Just more proof the monk rules all.

I know, it's a lame drop. At least it combines DD's two funny things. Spoons and goats! It said that something to do with your coffers would happen when you beat Horratio, but nothing happened...

The vicious version just kinda sucks. Goblin assassin or lose pretty much.

Anyone know what those flames are?
JakshdfFiha$#jaigb532i97fbnPKASN*@)sdjbau9a0)f+,Ahghs*hr)sk_sabdh^ujsbUA3{mvio/~dgffdsT^klndf,#ikon%(d

I speak chaos.
The Avatar

Postby Fran on Sat Jan 14, 2012 2:43 pm

The Avatar wrote: It said that something to do with your coffers would happen when you beat Horratio, but nothing happened...

I think they meant that you get the "normal" pay for trophies again. Before horatio they dropped down to 75 and after horatio they are back up at 150.
Obviously, this is a lot less than the 350 it used to be and bet on the boss is much less useful now.
Fran

Postby The Avatar on Sat Jan 14, 2012 3:01 pm

And there's no High Value Trophy. If you're going to scam us off trophies at least decrease prep costs.

I speak chaos.
The Avatar

Postby Gorgon on Sat Jan 14, 2012 3:10 pm

I think the green flames mean the trophy in that dungeon is worth more.
Gorgon

PreviousNext

Return to Desktop Dungeons