[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 120: preg_filter(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 120: preg_filter(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
QCF Design Community • View topic - Monk still ridiculous + a guide to playing this game

Monk still ridiculous + a guide to playing this game

All things Desktop Dungeons

Re: Monk still ridiculous + a guide to playing this game

Postby Lujo on Sun Jan 15, 2012 12:59 pm

I appologize for my choice of words, really. It detracts from peole listening to my arguments, I know, but i feel I'm adressing issues that are imortant (for DD players) even if you get to hear them from a comlete dick. :oops:
I almost got pwned by Shifty Brickwork!
Lujo

Postby Lujo on Sun Jan 15, 2012 1:34 pm

I've unlocked the Dragonkin with the thief. I didn't even get enlightment, and I had 18 resists going down. I took no absolution either. And patches kept "screwing me over". This is absurd. :oops:

I had trouble with completing Dragon isles 3 times, it was sort of a big issue, which classes can do it, which classes can't... Turns out you need no junk in the shops, TT and GG. And dragonshield...

I think I'll go try unlock Gorgon now.
Lujo

Postby Gorgon on Sun Jan 15, 2012 1:49 pm

The Gorgon quest is the only one I haven't beaten yet. I only need one victory.

I beat it with the Thief and Warlord. Almost beat it with priest. I had the perfect setup: Mystera, GG and Pactmaker on the top, but got Bleaty, Frank and Tower of Goo at the same time...
Gorgon

Postby Lujo on Sun Jan 15, 2012 2:36 pm

Ok, I've beaten Hex Ruins, but neither the Deep Swamp or the Naga City turned up on the map for me. Am I suposed to go through Slime pits or is this a bug?

Oh, and since they removed Ick swamp, where do I get the goblins?

EDIT - Found Ick swam, you need a subdungeon with Nagas to appear and issue a challenge.
Last edited by Lujo on Sun Jan 15, 2012 3:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Lujo

Postby The Avatar on Sun Jan 15, 2012 2:41 pm

Goblins can be found anywhere in the south. I think my new profile found them in slime pits. Or Hexx Ruins.

Naga City has 4 easy wins: Monk (Beat it in 2 tries), Warlord, (Gnome, JJ, GETINDARE, and CYDSTEPP. Prep Avatar symbol),
Thief, and Rogue (Gnome, Symbol, CYDSTEPP, and use drac to bring hp to 1)

I've seen some others, like wizard, but these seem to be the easiest.
We made an expansion and it is awesome. Really, you should check it out, especially if you're looking for some extra challenge.

Download over at ddmod.weebly.com!
The Avatar

Postby Lujo on Sun Jan 15, 2012 2:51 pm

I've beaten it with Monk and Thief on my previous profile, and would've done so with Fighter if i didn't misclick 2 times. You just need resists, and agnostic collar for god juggling, that seems to beat everything, especially with many gods.

Come to think of it, is Naga City not appearing for me becase I haven't unlocked gods? Because if so, its not fair! :P
Lujo

Postby The Avatar on Sun Jan 15, 2012 3:26 pm

Did you beat Ick Swamp? That's what triggers Naga City.
We made an expansion and it is awesome. Really, you should check it out, especially if you're looking for some extra challenge.

Download over at ddmod.weebly.com!
The Avatar

Postby Lujo on Sun Jan 15, 2012 3:59 pm

Lujo

Postby Alweth on Sun Jan 15, 2012 4:14 pm

One of the fundamental issues with unlocking in DD Beta is that unlocking new items or gods increases the randomness in the dungeon by providing yet another option that might show up in one of a limited number of slots.

I actually suspect I would enjoy a dungeon where every god appeared more than the current system, provided something was done to rebalance conversion and desecration. (I would give desecration give 10 less piety each time, and have the conversion piety ratio increase by one each time, ie. 1/2. 1/3, 1/4, 1/5, etc. However, something would still need to be done about some gods being auto-desecratates.)
Were you expecting a coherent message? Alweth does not deal with such trifles. Ignore him or watch the thread get locked!
Alweth

Postby gjaustin on Sun Jan 15, 2012 4:32 pm

gjaustin

PreviousNext

Return to Desktop Dungeons