[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 120: preg_filter(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 120: preg_filter(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
QCF Design Community • View topic - Monk still ridiculous + a guide to playing this game

Monk still ridiculous + a guide to playing this game

All things Desktop Dungeons

Re: Monk still ridiculous + a guide to playing this game

Postby Darvin on Fri Jan 20, 2012 3:39 am

Darvin

Postby dislekcia on Fri Jan 20, 2012 3:39 am

dislekcia

Postby Darvin on Fri Jan 20, 2012 6:43 am

After a few play-throughs, I strongly suspect Tikki Tooki's boons are causing these stability issues. I haven't gotten crashes at all with my new profile... and then suddenly I unlock Tikki Tooki and the game starts crashing once I use his boons.
Darvin

Postby Lujo on Fri Jan 20, 2012 8:15 am

I almost got pwned by Shifty Brickwork!
Lujo

Postby gjaustin on Fri Jan 20, 2012 4:01 pm

I'm just waiting for Monk to be nerfed and then everyone starts using Body Pact. :)
gjaustin

Postby Lujo on Fri Jan 20, 2012 4:06 pm

Lujo

Postby gjaustin on Fri Jan 20, 2012 4:18 pm

Hate? Just because I got a Paladin up to 60% magic resist on Naga City without Elven Boots, a Dragon Shield, or Taurog doesn't mean it deserves hate :)
gjaustin

Postby gjaustin on Fri Jan 20, 2012 4:28 pm

Oh, I also got a Feeling Parched last night on Naga City as an Orc Monk. I didn't find an Agnostic's Collar, but I did find the Blacksmith subdungeon.

Worshipped GG topside, took Enlightenment. Desecrated Earthmother to convert to Taurog, took +15% resist. Descrated TT and Mystera to convert to JJ. Took Petition. Took Scholar's Pact (overheal and +30% damage on level up).

Proceeded to wipe the floor with everything. I didn't even regen fight Super Meatman - I just killed him from full to dead thanks to my 250 health and 75% resists (Overheal).
gjaustin

Postby Lujo on Fri Jan 20, 2012 4:37 pm

I warned people what'd happen if they unlock more than two gods :D Cheeze central!

I've had another crash at bleaty, I'm just trying out the shop upgrade I just purchased. Finding Soul Orb is a lot easier, but finding the 5th health potion isn't. The fact that it lowered my chances of finding tower shield are less than amusing, as well. I have no reliable way to boost my resists over 50tyish, and it's still good enough to quite possibly beat the dungeon without RBS, if the game didn't crash on every run.

I HAVE however found a delightfull way to use the damn useless mana bead :) When setting up a dodge, or just eating TT popcorn, I can just squeeze out one more fireball that I sometimes need to get rid of a blob. If it brought back 2 mana, I might also help out loads against AA's (every bit of anything helps there).

I wondering if the Cursed-Shop-Pool-Defiling-Uslesss-Bead-of-Unuseable-Uselessness would be stupidly broken on a wizard if it gave back 2 mana? It could use a price increese along with a CP point increese the way it is, I might not get humorously angry every time I see it and try to find uses for it. Hmmmm....

Or at least harangue for a it's tooltip to change to something like "I r in your shopz, dilluting your poolz"...
Lujo

Postby Lujo on Sat Jan 21, 2012 4:50 pm

Loving the new update, and testing out a crash related hypothesis, props to Darvin.

One of the things I love about the new update (besides finaly nerfing the damn Monk) is that the Zombie dog polluting my pool got me an idea concering the Damned-Useless-Bead-Of-Stuepfying-Pointlesness, namely, it made me appriciate it a bit more. This appriciation led to me figuring out a way to clear the goo floor without needing TT at all, using said nice and cheap little trinket. The added benefit is that everytime I see it in the shops now i go "Aaaah! The Incredibly-Useless-Shop-Defiling-Bead-of-Pointlessitude! This will come in handy!" :)

And then I ran into the bandit floor and clicked away twice on reflex.

Well played devs. :D
Last edited by Lujo on Sat Jan 21, 2012 4:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Lujo

PreviousNext

Return to Desktop Dungeons