With recent changes, Complicated Tasks pt 5 seems impossible

All things Desktop Dungeons

With recent changes, Complicated Tasks pt 5 seems impossible

Postby Normalguy on Sun Jan 15, 2012 7:10 am

I've been trying to unlock WHUPAZ so I've been having a go as a glyph-less wizard in Berserker Camp, I did it once but the quest didn't seem to register so I was going to attempt again, unfortunately with the recent change what was do-able with the right amount of scumming(Having to locate Taurog early) has now become what seems impossible. I have to use all my piety/death protections from Taurog to survive the boss's OHKO from berserk, and now have to worry about a SECOND boss to do, no glyphs, no piety, with what many consider one of the weakest classes. So I have to ask the forums, is this quest now nigh-impossible or am I just not doing it right?
Here's what I've been doing:
Orc Wizard
Sensation Stone
Thieve's den(For extra tiles to regen)
Scout:Altar
MANA for HP
Allowance
Perserverance Badge
Conversion scroll
Health Potion, Mana Potion, Poison cure, Strength Potion.
Normalguy

Re: With recent changes, Complicated Tasks pt 5 seems imposs

Postby Darvin on Sun Jan 15, 2012 7:17 am

I'd agree that this quest has been bumped to unreasonable levels with the addition of a second boss. The level layout is also a lot less open now, so it's significantly more difficult to maneuver around. It's probably still possible, but I suspect it's well into the unreasonable levels. I certainly wouldn't feel inclined to give it a try...
Darvin

Postby FDru on Sun Jan 15, 2012 7:55 am

So it's been bumped up to Complicated Tasks pt 6's level of stupidity? Or actually worse?
FDru

Postby Lagmalix on Sun Jan 15, 2012 12:26 pm

Omg, there is a second boss now? The map layout is often so unfair plus random walls spawn when you level up was already just ridiculous. I wouldn't even bother trying to do this. While it still might be beatable, for that you probably need to be a hardcore and have an unreasonable amount of luck.
Lagmalix

Postby Gorgon on Sun Jan 15, 2012 1:03 pm

Just do some scumming until the bandit boss or Medusa appear... It should be a lot easier.

Seriously, I started a new game after the tri-sword was nerfed and only beat this because of that death protection medal (can't remember its name).
Gorgon

Postby RazRazor on Sun Jan 15, 2012 2:26 pm

I managed to clear this stage lately with the orc wizard despite the two bosses but I didn't get the quest.
Does "not using any glyphs" mean, that I'm not allowed to convers them?
Because then I have no idea how to kill the two bosses even with taurog, last game I was lucky and could desecrate Binlor and Earthmother for extra piety!
RazRazor

Postby The Avatar on Sun Jan 15, 2012 2:27 pm

Yeah, with the addition of the new boss this is nigh impossible. Be a Halfling Wizard, and save a few potions for the second boss. Which has to be weak.
We made an expansion and it is awesome. Really, you should check it out, especially if you're looking for some extra challenge.

Download over at ddmod.weebly.com!
The Avatar

Postby RazRazor on Sun Jan 15, 2012 2:39 pm

So does "not using any glyph" mean that Im not allowed to convers them too?
Because lately I managed to kill both bosses with the orc wizard without acutally "using" a glyph and didn't get the quest and I was like "W00t?"
RazRazor

Postby Alweth on Sun Jan 15, 2012 4:23 pm

I don't know if this will make it doable for you, but I recommend you try it with a Halfing with the Tri-sword. You'll still have to scum for an easy second boss and Taurog, but it might be doable.
Were you expecting a coherent message? Alweth does not deal with such trifles. Ignore him or watch the thread get locked!
Alweth

Postby Gorgon on Sun Jan 15, 2012 4:29 pm

Maybe Dwarf Wizard with Taurog is doable. It's possible to resist some enraged hits...
Gorgon

Next

Return to Desktop Dungeons